We believe the arts are transformative for all students and unlock MIGHTY potential. Experiences like print-making, songwriting, poetry, and architecture help young children to develop their strengths, explore creative expression and use their powerful voices. Leap's in-school residencies in visual and performing arts and architecture build stronger students and individuals who identify their unique perspectives and think for themselves.
Give the gift of arts education and make a MIGHTY difference today. Leap provides 8,500 Bay Area students in 32 schools with top quality arts education to prepare them for success in school and life. Professional teaching artists make a meaningful impact on students with a wide range of abilities and needs.
- Dance/Creative Movement
- Literacy and Creative Writing
- Visual Arts
RESULTS show that Leap’s programs improve children’s:
- Self-esteem, resilience, confidence and motivation
- Self-expression and awareness of the world around them, diversity
- Understanding of math, science, language, and social studies
- Skills vital to academic and professional achievement: creative problem solving, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and leadership.
HELP students realize their MIGHTY potential! WHAT DONATIONS DO:
- $25 = clay for a ceramics class
- $50 = one dance class for 30 students
- $100 = theater props and costumes for 60 students
- $250 = art supplies for 100 students
- $500 = one music artist to teach a residency for 30 students
Thank you for any contributions you can make. Together, we can make a MIGHTY difference!