A Future of Awesöme in 2019!
Awesöme Orchestra Collective's annual fundraiser and End-of-Year Concert
Help us raise $15,000 by December 2 to fund our jam-packed 2019 season! We’re so proud that thanks to our wonderful community of musicians, audience members, and supporters, the Awesöme Orchestra Collective has become a fixture of musical adventures in the Bay Area! Five years into creating open and free sessions for any musician who wants to join and any listener who wants to lend us an ear, we’ve now widened our community to include over 2,500 musicians, played in more than forty local venues, and shared our music over 10,000 listeners! We look forward to continuing to make our music accessible to as many people as possible, but it takes the support of a community to make that happen. Become an Awesöme Supporter today!
Your donation of any amount will reserve you a seat to our End-Of-Year Concert on December 2 at Freight & Salvage in Berkeley. It costs a lot to be free, and 63% our income comes from individual donors. These donors are community members like you, giving small and large donations to support our vision: creating an orchestra which serves and represents our community.
Here’s some examples of how your donations today can support Awesöme Orchestra Collective in 2019:
$25 - Program printing for an Open Session
$50 - Copying sheet music for one open session
$150 - Guest artist at one of our Open Sessions or End of Year Concert
$300 - Average music and score rental for works from major publishers
$500 - Arranger for a new piece tailor made for our group!
$750 - General liability insurance premium for one year
$1000 - Commissioning of a new work for Awesöme Orchestra to premiere
$2500 - Storage space for instruments, equipment, and music library for one year
Our 2018 season highlights include:
- Premiered six new pieces by local composers
- Played over 36 hours of music
- Hosted eight Open Sessions
- Performed with Palette Swap Ninja and R2-D2 in a Beatles/Star Wars mash-up Open Session
- Collaborated with McGonagal's Army trivia in a Harry Potter themed Open Session
Our goals for 2019 include:
- More Open Sessions! Our open sessions are always free and held at accessible locations throughout the Bay Area, serving hundreds of musicians, and thousands of committed and unsuspecting audience members alike!
- Premiering two more movements of Arturo Rodriguez's Requiem Sinfonica: Requiem Without Words, dedicated to the victims of Oakland's Ghost Ship Fire.
- Commissioning and playing more pieces by female composers and composers of color!
- Commissioning and playing more pieces by local composers!
- Building a stronger, well-trained staff to stay committed to excellence!
We hope that by bringing local composers, musicians, listeners, and our ever-widening community under one roof for one night we’ll celebrate all that we’ve accomplished and shared in 2018, and spread the word for what we look forward to in 2019. Please come out, support us, and make a tax deductible donation of any amount. Give generously today to keep Awesöme Orchestra and the Bay Area arts community strong!
If your employer offers a matching donation program, please contact our Development Director, Glenda Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org to maximize your contribution, and we can have the matching amount counted towards our campaign goal!
Learn more about who we are and what we do at www.awesomeorchestra.org