College Readiness Campaign
From Dreams to Reality
Test Prep - Application Support - Mentoring
Serving first-generation and underrepresented students
and giving them the tools necessary to attend college
2013 - 2018
Supporting Underrepresented Students and First Generation Students
What makes this program different
Why our program is unique over other larger programs
- Small groups of 6 to 8 students
- 60 hours of test prep for the SAT/ACT from January to August of the junior year
- 20 hours of application support during the fall of senior year
- High parent engagement with one to one meetings, workshops on the FAFSA and financial aid
- Mentoring students thru the first year of college transition
Our Record of Effectiveness
Since 2013 there have been 32 graduates of the College Readiness Program. 2017 marked our first college graduate and each year there will be a graduating class.
Our goal for this campaign is to provide scholarships for 2 students $3,200. This will provide each student with 100 hours of tutoring and application support.
Please help us continue to make a difference for underserved and underrepresented students in our community.
"I plan to open my own business someday!"
- Guadalupe Castro, Cal State Channel Islands Class of 2020’
Gateway gave me everything I needed. Support, motivation and they are still supporting me."
- Alec Taylor, University of San Francisco, Class of 2019