TOOLBOX™ Introductory Training ~ San Rafael, CA
June 17, 2019
What is TOOLBOX?
TOOLBOX™ is an evidence-based, award-winning K-6 Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) program that transforms children, teachers, and families from the inside out. We help you foster children's abilities to manage their own emotional, social, and academic success.
TOOLBOX is a metaphor for 12 Tools (capacities) inside all of us.
Easy and effective: strengthens & supports what you already do.
Small changes in your instructional style make big changes in your students, your classroom, and your school.
The Common Language brings uniformity and understanding for all.
By using our colorful fan deck and our inquiry-based method, you facilitate the three dimensions of resilience research shows is key for your students:
- The Caring Adult - inherently provides an “I believe in you” message.
- High Expectation Messages - instills a persevering and growth mindset.
- Meaningful Participation - helps kids effectively solve their own problems and meaningfully participate in their own lives.
- Concepts and skills transfer from classroom to playground to home and back again, increasing community wellness and positive school climate.
The TOOLBOX™ Introductory Training prepares you to implement TOOLBOX at your school with fidelity in classrooms, small groups, and out of school time. The training focuses on using the 12 Tools as strategies/skills (for children and adults) which help build resilience, self-mastery (self-management), and empathy for self and others. Topics include an introduction to TOOLBOX, the 12 Tools, TOOLBOX pedagogy, common language, implementation, and use of the curriculum lesson plans.
For: educators, counselors, homeschoolers, parents, and school teams
For more information, please visit www.dovetaillearning.org
TOOLBOX is being used by over 8,000 educators in more than 400 schools across 140 cities in 23 states and growing!
About This Registration
June 17, 2019
- Lunch - With a vegetarian option
- Coffee & tea for the day
- TOOLBOX Fan Deck
- TOOLBOX Primer-Essential TOOLBOX: A guide for educators and others to become familiar with TOOLBOX™, the 12 Tools, and supporting pedagogy. Instruction is provided on how to introduce each of the 12 Tools and apply them on a daily basis, with classroom practices and supporting pedagogy.
8:30 am Registration Opens
9:00 am – 3:30 pm Workshop (12:30-1:00 Lunch)
**EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT**
If you register by May 1st, the registration fee will only be $325 (it will go up to $350 after May 1, 2019). To receive this discount, please use the following Coupon Code based on the number of people being registered:
EARLYBIRD1 = $25
EARLYBIRD2 = $50
EARLYBIRD3 = $75
EARLYBIRD4 = $100
EARLYBIRD5 = $125
**If you would like to use a Purchase Order to register, use coupon code PURCHASEORDER at checkout and email your purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (707) 861-3382.
By registering for the TOOLBOX™ Introductory Training to be held on June 17, 2019 you consent to be photographed for the potential use of Dovetail Learning Inc’s media, social media, and training content purposes.
Dovetail Learning, Inc must be notified before May 17, 2019 for a refund.