You’re about to leave an active session
By leaving this page, your selected item(s) will be released and your session will expire.
I Challenge Myself + Equinox Indoor Cycling Event
Ride a bike, Give the gift of health
I Challenge Myself + Equinox Anthem Indoor Cycling Fundraiser
Your registration of the Anthem Cycling Fundraiser class at Equinox - E 53rd St. supports I Challenge Myself, a nonprofit organiation in New York City. Turn your cycling up to 11 with a music-fueled indoor ride. Bike to the beat of our hand picked tracks in a sequence tailored to take you on a challenging and thrilling journey. Non-members welcome. Bikes are cage and clip compatible. Towel service, Kiehls and built-in locks are available.
At I Challenge Myself, we believe that everyone has the ability to achieve their potential by realizing their inner strength. That’s why we help New York City teenagers, in those critical adolescent years, to build up their minds, bodies and spirits through cycling and fitness challenges.
Our Approach is Simple
We provide opportunities for students to challenge themselves physically and mentally, in a safe, fun and engaging environment. Our programs currently reach 600 students aged 14 to 19 enrolled in New York City public high schools. Here are some of the ways we work:
- Endurance cycling and fitness programs that help build perseverance
- Free coaching support and sports equipment for participating teachers
- Recruitment and training that empower young professionals to become student mentors
- Exposure to career exploration and skills building for students as they formulate future career goals
Since 2005, we have served over 2,300 students in communities with the highest obesity and diabetes rates, and some of the lowest graduation rates. We’ve made some amazing progress, including:
- Increased student participation in physical education classes at six NYC public high schools thanks to enhanced programming and equipment
- Program wide increases in levels of physical activity
- 82% of our 4toFIT students believe their fitness level improved
- 98% of students in our Cycling Smarts program learned to ride a bike safely
- 100% our College Bike Tour seniors graduated high school: 83% enrolled in college and 13% joined the military
Join us on March 21st at Equinox E 53rd St and help us nurture strong minds and bodies for life!