June 1, 2019 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Pen, Ink &Watercolor for Art Journals
We will be working small and I will teach three different ways to draw trees and how to paint small figures to add to your drawings using watercolors. I will bring art journals to show different approaches and talk about different kits to take on a trip from very small to larger depending on travel plans. I will talk about how to handle moving from place to place fast and how to do an art journal when you can stay in one place for a time.
I will not be providing a kit for this dabbler. You probably have most of the things I will be using so this is a list of what to bring with you.
1. A mechanical pencil, eraser
2. A small set of pan watercolors (no tubes of paint)
3. Pigma Micron pens…size 01 or 2 (no larger)
4. Watercolor brush (I like a synthetic brush and favor a Robert Simmons White Sable Size 8 or any other brand synthetic round about a size 8)
5. A small water container (this can be a little jar)
6. Two paper towel sheets
7. Small mixed media watercolor pad (size 6 inches x 8 inches) cold press without a lot of texture. ( I like the Strathmore Windpower Mixed media, these are available at Michaels or Hobby Lobby) You can use any small watercolor pad or a small sheet of watercolor paper that is 140 pound. (cold press without a lot of texture)
If there is anything on this list that you don’t have all of these things are available at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
If you have magazine pictures or photos of your own with lots of little full figure people in them…bring them!