You’re about to leave an active session
By leaving this page, your selected item(s) will be released and your session will expire.
Retirement Planning and Elder Care
Achieving Financial Security: A Community Forum
Join the National Capital Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals for a community forum in retirement planning and elder care. The forum is hosted by Daniel A. Payne Community Development Corporation and the Metropolitan A.M.E. Church.
The program will include a panel of experts who will discuss:
- Ways to ensure elders are cared for in the manner, and by the people, they desire;
- Estate planning and ways children of aging parents can plan for their own retirement;
- What to know about managing an aging family member's finances;
- How to mitigate the financial impact of elders needing long term care;
- How to reduce the emotional and other non-financial impacts to elder's family;
- What Medicare and Medicaid do and do not cover; and
- What services and facilities are available in the DC metropolitan area.
The program will be interactive, panelists will take questions from the audience. After panel discussion, attendees can chat with experts in small group break-out sessions.
Registration and continental breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
Program and panel discussion begins at 9:00 a.m.
Roundtable discussions with financial services professionals at 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This is a FREE community program, please share this opportunity with your family and friends! Social media: @SocietyFSP @metropolitaname . @dapcdc.org #FinancialLiteracyMonth.
About This Registration
Registrants will receive information and resources to help them with retirement planning and providing assistance with elder care. The program will include interactive panel discussions followed by small group break-out sessions during which attendees can talk directly with the @SocietyFSP team.