Aging in South Florida Symposium
Presented by AARP
Florida is now one of four states to earn AARP's Age-Friendly designation. But that's just the beginning, our region should address challenges such as transportation, finances, housing, and ageism. Let's work together to help people thrive as they age. Join us to help find innovative solutions and learn about community efforts and resources on June 21, 2019 at NSU.
Why should you attend?
- You are in business, government, or a nonprofit and see the impact of an aging community on your work; or
- You have an aging parent, spouse, or friend and you're concerned about their future; or
- You want to live in an age-friendly community and age with dignity.
Join SoFIA for a networking breakfast, informative panels, and a keynote lunch as together we disrupt how we think about aging in South Florida.
- Jean Accius, Interim SVP Thought Leadership & International Programs, AARP, Washington, DC
- Michael Adams, CEO, SAGE, New York, NY
- Rivi Beller, CEO, VeHadarta, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Melanie K. Bone, MD, MorseLife
- Dean Bushey, General Manager, Voyage, Orlando, FL
- Jennifer Hammer, Director, Silvernest, Washington, DC
- Tom Kamber, ED, Older Adults Technology Services, New York, NY
- Ben Sollenberger, Director of Operations, MemoryWell, Washington, DC
- Bruce Yudewitz, COO, Jewish Federation of Broward
- ….and more!
Breakout sessions to include:
Aging with Purpose:
- Experience Required: Creating job opportunities for older workers
- Remaining Engaged: Volunteering with purpose
- Words Matter: Reframing how we talk about aging
- Working Has Benefits: How HR works to retain older workers
- Legal landscape for LGBT Seniors
- Advocacy and education strategies
- Creating a guide for LGBT Seniors
- Coordinating Florida efforts
- A Timeline of Care: Home Health, ALF, Hospice
- Resources for Dementia Family Caregivers
- Silent Care: The Needs of Male Family Caregivers
- Community Resources for Caregivers, presented by the Caregiver Coalition of South Florida
Economics of Aging:
- Homesharing Benefits: Income, Companionship and Resizing
- Self-Driving Vehicles: Technology and Transportation as we Age
- Medical Marijuana: FAQs
- Financial Security: Are you protected from scams?
Buy your tickets or sponsorships below.