Please visit gbs-intl.org/icgbs to view the presentations
from the International Conference on Group B Strep
held July 23-25, 2019
This conference was all online, no travel necessary!
Registration was complimentary
The International Conference on Group B Strep (ICGBS) was a virtual collaboration of health care professionals, researchers, families, and other interested individuals working towards minimizing the burden of perinatal GBS disease.
Pathways & Prevention
- Revised GBS Prevention Guidelines (video) Karen M. Puopolo, MD, PhD
- Fetal membrane defenses against GBS infection (video) Ryan Doster, MD, PhD
- Group B Streptococcus in Breastmilk (video) Kirsty Le Doare, MD, PhD
- Theoretical Approaches to the Prevention of Peripartum GBS Neonatal Sepsis in Pregnancy and Delivery at Term (video) James M. Nicholson, MD MSCE
- Streptococcus agalactiae ST283 causing invasive sepsis in healthy adults is widespread in SE Asia (slides) Timothy Barkham, MBBS, MSc, FRCPath
Identifying Colonization & Signs
- Maternal obesity and the risk of group B streptococcal colonisation in pregnant women(poster) Lucía Gómez Mompeán, MD
- Our GBS Story – The Graeve Twins (video) Angela Graeve, RN, BSN
- Timely Recognition and Prevention of Late Onset GBS Sepsis (video) Ozlem Equils, MD, FAAP
- Group B Streptococcal Bone and Joint Infections in Neonates and Infants (video) Jaime G. Deville, MD
Tracking Progress & Perinatal Research
- Ending Preventable Stillbirths: Introducing a scorecard to measure progress against global targets (video) Susannah Hopkins Leisher, MA, MSc, MPhil
- The Pregnancy Research Project: A Collaborative Approach to Pregnancy Research(video) Lindsey J. Wimmer, RN, MSN, PHN, CPnp, CPLC
- Early oral motor stimulation to assist babies with NG tube feeding and promote oral feeding by assisting parents in how to correctly promote oral feeds (video) Andria Calicchio van Niekerk, BA Speech Therapy & Audiology
- What parents should know to help protect their baby from group B strep (GBS) (video) Amy Perhach
- Today's doula goes farther. From preconception assistance, lifestyle counselling to birth, loss & beyond, doulas deliver compassionate informed physical and emotional support (video) Charmaine Carvalho, BSc, LMT, MLDT, LBA
- How to present difficult information positively to help patients listen and feel heard (video) Sherokee Ilse, BA, BLFA
- Is Written Consent Required Before Fetal Membrane Stripping Especially among GBS Carriers? (video) James A. McGregor, MDCM
Parent Support & Empowerment
Click HERE to view our presentation program. We welcome everyone with an interest in group B strep disease. All you need to attend is an internet-enabled computer or mobile device. Presentations are in video and poster format to allow for ease of viewing across multiple time zones.
Click HERE to view our Sponsorship Prospectus.
To view our past online symposiums, please visit gbs-intl.org/symposiums
Many thanks to our Diamond Sponsor
and our Bronze Sponsor
The International Conference on Group B Strep is hosted by Group B Strep International,
a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to promoting awareness and prevention of GBS disease in babies before birth through early infancy.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org