Camp TBi Plantation Volunteer 2019
Where: Volunteer Park
12050 W Sunrise Boulevard
Plantation, Florida 33323
End: 4:30PM - 5:00PM
At Camp TBi, volunteers will be expected to assist with the flow of activities throughout the day. Volunteers will be asked to guide attendees through check-in and registration, to accompany the survivors to and from activities and with meals at mealtime, as needed. The event will be held both indoors and outdoors and will require the volunteer to withstand the elements. The volunteers cannot choose their assignments and need to be willing to work where asked and to fill-in for other jobs, if needed.
- Volunteers will need to arrive on Saturday, April 13th at 7:00 AM and plan to work all day Saturday until after the survivors and caregivers have departed at 4pm.
- A brief overview of the weekend schedule includes survivors and caregivers check-in from 9:00 to 10:00 AM followed by a continental breakfast. Throughout the day, the participants will rotate through activities and classes with a break for lunch. After sessions finish we will have an party with games and karaoke.
- There will be two conference calls to begin orientation. Notification of conference calls and other information will be sent via email. Volunteers will need to join one of the one-hour conference calls in the two weeks before Camp TBi to make sure you are confident and ready!
- As this is a volunteer position, neither travel reimbursement nor monetary compensation will be provided. However, meals will be provided at the event.
As a volunteer, your duties could include:
- Guiding participants through check-in and registration
- Supervising survivors at group activities
- Directing survivors to the proper locations
- Accompanying survivors to and from activities, meals, etc.
- Overseeing respite for survivors
- Roaming the event to ensure safety of survivors outside of group activities
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!