Dozens killed as storm hits southern Nepal
At least 31 dead and more than 400 injured as storm hits villages in a farming region south of capital Kathmandu.
Rescuers are struggling to reach villages in southern Nepal that were cut off by a rainstorm that has at least killed 31 people and injured hundreds more.
The storm swept through villages in a farming region of Bara and Parsa districts in southern Nepal, about 120km south of capital Kathmandu, on Sunday night.
Nepalese Society of Texas (NST) along with Indreni Cultural Association, HNDP International, NRNA Chapter Texas, Nepalese American Chamber of Commerce, Blood Donors of America, Far Western Nepalese Society, United Nepalese Convention, North Dallas Nepali Samaaj, and Prithvi Narayan Shah Memorial & Cultural Academy are starting this campaign to raise funds for the deceased family as well as the funds for rescuers to assist. Any amount will help.
If you have any questions, please contact the following people:
Nepalese Society of Texas
· Mr. Suman Thapa- 469.500.0605
· Mr. Bhakta Bhandari- 254.522.4122
Indreni Cultural Association
· Mr. Yubraj Khanal - 469.644.6162
HDNP International USA
· Mr. Devi D. Acharya- 817.308.9830
NRNA Chapter Texas
· Mr. Bhanu Kharel- 214.762.6225
Nepalese American Chamber of Commerce
· Mr. Manoj Sigdel- 214.529.7990
Blood Donors of America
· Mr. Shiva Kafle- 682.597.2075
Far Western Nepalese Society
· Mr. Prem Shahi- 469.742.3605
United Nepalese Association
· Mr. B. N. Pant- 972.822.3957
Prithvi Narayan Shah Memorial & Cultural Academy
· Mr. Deepak Panday- 559.308.4110
North Dallas Nepali Samaaj
· Mr. Badal Bhujel- 469.556.7230