Support Greater Austin Council Navy League Today.
We are the Greater Austin Council of the Navy League of the United States, proudly serving the greater Austin area and its eight surrounding counties.
We are desperately in need of financial support in the form of donations and membership. We are scraping from the bottom of the barrel, like many non-profit organizations, trying to stay afloat to continue our mission.
The mission of the Navy League of the United States is to address the importance of our nation's sea power. That is the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, and the U.S. Merchant Marines, all each take part in providing protection of our country through national deterrence and force projection, homeland security, and humanitarian relief and support.
As a member your voice is added to our appeal to the U.S. Congress to maintain strong sea services, not through lobbying, but instead, education. The Navy League and our council also go to great lengths to back our sea service members and their families, especially within our local community. At the Greater Austin Council, we specifically fund and support:
1. a strong legislative affairs effort
2. an interesting, relevant and informative education program of distinguished speakers (these events are self funded. Donations and membership dues do not pay for this program).
3. "adopted" sea service youth programs. 18 units of Navy and Marine Corps Junior ROTC, the Naval Sea Cadets, and Young Marines. Cadets usually have higher school attendance rates, fewer disciplinary issues and higher grades than their non cadet peers.
4. a scholarship fund for our high achieving graduating cadets.
5. the University of Texas Naval ROTC program and our future Navy and Marine Corps officers.
6. the veterans through hospitality meals at the VA Clinic, book drives, clothing and hygiene drives, and Toys for Tots.
Although dues are paid to be a member of the Navy League of the United States, our council receives very little of that money for its operations. Membership with Greater Austin Council is free. We rely on your generosity and your care and concern for our operations which include scholarships, awards, operating expenses for materials, publishing and software, and financial support to help our various adopted cadets/UT units as schools can not always support the desired extras.
Any amount given is appreciated. Without community members like you we would not be able to continue to do the above.