THANK YOU for being a part of our video to help bring awareness to sexual assault and prevention in our state by bringing men into the conversation.
MAIN GOALS OF THIS VIDEO SERIES
- To bring a light to the mindset of our state
- Help shake that mindset in order to bring men into the conversation
- Show the community how they can actively kick at darkness right where they are
SURVEY FROM THE AZ DEPT OF HEALTH & SAFETY
With the permission of the state, we are working from their survey that will be coming out in their state action plan (note: please do not share this info yet, only use it for the prep of the video). The AZ Dept of Health and Safety ran a survey across the entire state and through hundreds of thousands of people and several demographics.
ONE QUESTION STOOD OUT TO US:
- The roles of men/boys in preventing sexual assault
EACH DEMOGRAPHIC (outside of adult males) STATED:
- Have men hold men accountable; we need men as allies; men being part of education on the topic
ADULT MALES ANSWERED:
That hits home. Our men in our state (as a whole) do not see themselves in the conversation at all. Our question is WHY? How do we draw them in? And how do we show them they can kick at darkness in their own world right now.
YOUR PART — YOUR ANSWER IN VIDEO
- How you feel about the survey results (men as a whole not part of the convo)
- How you feel about the needs that the other people listed (need men as allies...)
- How you are kicking at darkness in your sphere of influence
Whatever you do to kick at darkness, there is someone who needs to hear it, because that is something they could do too, and maybe they just don't know its power yet.
SCHEDULING & FILMING
- Available dates upcoming for IN-STUDIO interviews in registering options
- If you are unable to meet at the studio (Roosevelt & 1st Ave), but want to be a part of our project please choose the option for BilliJoy to schedule to come to you (your school or office) *please only use this if you cannot come to the studio*
We have such gratitude in our hearts for all of you being part of this project. You are magnificent human beings helping us change our world here in our state. THANK YOU.
If you have any questions about the project as a whole, please let us know.
- Questions about the in-studio filming & scheduling: Madison Farrell ([email protected])
- Questions about out-of-studio filming & scheduling: BilliJoy Carson ([email protected])
Again, thank you SO much for being a part of this project with us!