Circumnavigate Whidbey 2019: Two Half Ironmans
Directly Supporting Coupeville Schools
Circumnavigate Whidbey 2019: Two Half Ironman Triathlons, Two Days
Circumnavigate Whidbey is a fundraiser for Coupeville students. All money raised supports teacher grants for educational enrichment, college scholarships, and financial resources for students in need to equally access activities and learning opportunities. In the past two years, this event has raised over $35,000.
A brave group of adventurers will bike 120 miles, run 26 miles, and swim 2 miles. They will complete two half-Ironman triathlons on the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
Founded in 1997, we provide an extra measure of support to Coupeville students in three major areas:
- College Scholarships - Every year, thousands of dollars are awarded to graduating seniors.
- Teacher Grants – In 2018-2019, the Foundation funded 38 teacher grants for educational enrichment totaling over $26,000. Here are just a few examples: field trips, furniture for students with special needs, classroom library books, and supplies for science projects, student art show, Robotics Club and Drama Club.
- Promise Fund- We provide financial resources for students in need to equally access activities and learning opportunities in our school district.
2. Share this campaign with your friends to help raise more money for Coupeville students.
The Brave Adventurers
Returning from a wonderful 2018 event, may we present the following "crazies"
James Steller, Coupeville Schools Foundation Board Member , engineering manager, and father to Grant, a Coupeville 9th grader
Andrew Wyman - Dentist and father of 3 Coupeville kids, Tate (9th), Ayden (7th), and Devon (5th)
Greg White - Firefighter and father to 2 Coupeville kids, Cole (8th) and Riley (5th)
Neil Rixe - Coach and Volunteer, father to Coupeville kid - Madison (Graduated!)
Would you like to participate? Click Participant Details to learn more. If you are athletic and ready to have fun and raise money for our Coupeville Schools, you can join us! Email me at email@example.com.
What is our goal?
1. No one gets hurt - we all stick together and have a heck of an adventure
2. We raise at least $20,000 to support the Foundation's great efforts
3. To finish and celebrate at the Summer's End Coupeville Community Potluck in Coupeville Town Park - Sunday September 1st from 4 - 6 pm
Meet Greg White - Circumnavigate Whidbey Participant August 09, 2019
All, thank you so much for your financial and moral support for Circumnavigate Whidbey! We are within 1 month and if you are "friends" with us on Facebook - you will see lots of posts of our training! We have put tens of hundreds of hours in so far.
I want to do something different and share a little bit about the participants that will do Circumnavigate Whidbey. Most of you probably already know Greg White, but here's a short interview/article about this amazing guy & family.