Mothership Certified Course Registration
No Fee Mothership Certified Training Course (Limited Time Opportunity)
Designed with both novice and experienced health professionals in mind, the Mothership Certified training program offers opportunities for reflection and involves activities to encourage personalized changes to daily health practice that support building connection and empowering patients/clients. 8 sessions build on one another during a 4-week virtual course exploring the following topics:
Better Understanding Yourself- Reflect on your own challenges, constraints, and biases; understand how they impact your care; and learn practical tools to overcome personal barriers and practice self-care.
Better Understanding Your Patient/Client- Learn to read emotional and cultural cues in practice; reflect on your patient's/client's journey; and discover how to improve your patient’s /client's experience during your care and how it can lead to greater impact.
Building Connection and Promoting Empowerment- Learn to connect with and empower your patients/clients through intentional communication design using space, language, nonverbal cues, and storytelling.
This is a 4-week virtual course that will occur July 26th - August 23rd. You will be asked to complete weekly lessons and engage weekly in the virtual discussion forum on your own time. There are no live sessions. Each week, there will be assigned recorded lectures to watch, activities and reflections to complete in your digital workbook, and discussion prompts to respond to on the discussion forum. Successful completion of the course involves completing the workbook, passing a test (open note, open materials), and weekly posting and active participation in the discussion forum. We estimate a time commitment of approximately 3 hours per week to successfully complete this course.
What you get:
- Participation in the Mothership Certified online training course without paying the $225 fee
- First access to the Mothership platform as a Health Partner for opportunities to grow your audience reach for your classes and programs and and opportunities for revenue share and commissioned health education pieces with Mothership
- A Mothership "Friends with Health Benefits" tote bag and buttons
- A blog post about Mothership Certified that includes a feature about you and your work
- A virtual Mothership Certified certificate and digital seal
- An optional listing on our Mothership Certified public-facing website (coming soon) as a Mothership Certified Health Service Provider
- Access to an online community to continue to share stories, best practices, and opportunities for further study related to building connection and promoting empowerment in health practice
What you give:
- Commitment to complete the pre-survey and a post-survey immediately upon completion of the course and a post-survey 1-month after completing the course
- Commitment to participate in
2 podcasts on topics related to your scope of practice that are mutually agreed upon with Mothership
- 2 blog posts in the Mothership format (less than 1000 words; part personal story, part part useful scientific information or practical application of scientific information) written on topics related to your scope of practice that are mutually agreed upon with Mothership
- An interest in becoming a Health Partner on the Mothership platform (commitment not required, but we'd like to see serious interest at this point)
What is a Mothership Health Partner?
- A Mothership Health Partner is a Mothership Certified health professional who is also a recent parent and actively participates as a facilitator in the Mothership health education platform and membership community (coming soon)
- Health Partners provide content and interact with parents on the Mothership health education platform. The platform is accessible to families via sliding scale monthly membership fees, similar to a news outlet subscription. Some content, including Mothership podcast episodes and some blog posts, will be accessible publicly.
- Health Partners are independent contractors with Mothership, and the business relationship involved revenue share, partnership on commissioned health education content, and promoting and supporting each other's brands and missions.