Benjamin's Hope 4 the Future cordially invites you to our 7th Annual Ladies Night Out.
Please join us for a fun-filled evening as we come together to celebrate Benjamin's Hope that all Children have a Future.
Every single dollar raised from this event will be used to solely fund promising PEDIATRIC CANCER RESEARCH!
The evening includes:
- a sit down 4 course dinner including wine and dessert.
- vendor shopping
- door prizes, raffles & 50/50
- Live DJ entertainment
- a night filled with love and laughter among friends and family to raise awareness and support childhood cancer research
Benjamin battled an aggressive form of Acute Myeloid Leukemia for 9 months. Although he was only 13 years old, he knew that the treatments being used were not working. He worried he would not get to grow up and live his life. But he didn't let his fear stop him from praying and hoping he would grow up and have a future. He hoped and prayed for his friends and family and wished no child to know the pain and fear he knew. Sadly, our Benjamin lost his life to cancer on 12/6/12. His journey inspired us to fight for all children so they could grow up and have a future.
We hope you will join us as we come together to be #BraveLikeBen and take action to #EndChildhoodCancer !
To learn about Benjamin's Hope 4 the Future, and the warrior who has inspired us to be # BraveLikeBen ?? please visit www.BH4TF.org
Please SHARE our event page so we can reach more guests.
**Please note that this is a non-refundable event. Currently there is no alternate date planned for cancellations due to unforeseen bad weather.
Please take the time to read the cancer facts below to help you understand why our organization is dedicated to fighting so hard.
Did you know that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month? Not many people know this simple fact!
Did you know that only 4% of the National Cancer Institute's Budget is allocated for Pediatric Cancer Research? 96% is for adult cancer research and 4 pennies for every single dollar is for our children! Our kids are our future and certainly deserves more than 4%!
Childhood Cancer Facts? (Source thetruth365.org)
The incidence of childhood cancer is on the increase, averaging 0.6% increase per year since mid 1970’s resulting in an overall increase of 24% over the last 40 years
1 in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer in 2014
43 children per day or 15,780 children per year are expected to be diagnosed in 2014 with cancer (10,450 ages 0 to 14, and 5,330 ages 15 to 19)
On average 7 children die from Pediatric Cancer EVERY SINGLE DAY!
The average age at diagnosis is 6 years old, while adults’ average age for cancer diagnosis is 66
Childhood cancer is not one disease – there are 16 major types of pediatric cancers and over 100 subtypes.
The average 5 year survival rate for childhood cancers when considered as a whole is 83%.
Cancer survival rates vary not only depending upon the type of cancer, but also upon individual factors attributable to each child.
Survival rates can range from almost 0% for cancers such as DIPG, a type of brain cancer, to as high as 90% for the most common type of childhood cancer known as Acute Lymphoma Leukemia (ALL).
The average survival rate not including children with ALL is 80%.
50% of these 80% survivors will relapse with the same or a secondary cancer and/or battle long term side effects.
Benjamin's Hope 4 the Future is a registered 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization, established in memory of 13 year old Benjamin Venezia, who lost his life to Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
All proceeds benefit Pediatric Cancer Research!
The generosity of our supporters have allowed BH4TF to fund Dr. Greenberg's AML Immunotherapy project at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Our hope is that one day AML will be easily curable, without the need to put children through harsh outdated chemotherapy treatments.
* To provide support and financial assistance to children and their families affected by cancer
* We seek to advocate for children fighting, generate prayer armies to help the warriors fight and also assist with one on one fundraising for financial assistance to those families in need.
* To provide funding for cutting edge pediatric cancer research with a primary focus on Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) research.
* Pediatric Cancer receives less than 4% funding and no new pediatric cancer drugs have been developed in over 20+ years.
* Although AML research is extremely important to us for obvious reasons, we also recognize that there are so many other cancers that are difficult to treat, some like DPIG, offer no hope for a cure. Our extended mission is to also target funding for other pediatric cancers with the hope that a cure for one cancer can lead to a cure for other cancers.
* To recognize and offer scholarships to outstanding youth in the community excelling in academics and actively involved in community service.
* Throughout Benjamin’s battle, his church youth group was a constant in his life offering love, support, friendship and laughs. Many of the youth went above and beyond to lift his spirits and simply be a friend. We would like to recognize and honor exceptional youth by offering a yearly scholarship.
Benjamin's Hope is Our Hope. Hope for a Cure! Hope for a Future!
Together We Can Achieve More !!