Eid-Ul-Adha Fund 2019
For our donors celebrating Eid al-Adha in the coming weeks Thaakat's onsite partner at our DREAMS campuses, Idara Al-Khair, offers a secure and reliable program to fulfill your Sadaqa donation.
Idara Al-Khair has been running their Qurbani program since 2000 and has a proven process for obtaining and distributing the meat:
- The program distributes the meat among the poorest and most deserving families among the students across all Idara campuses
- Poor farmers and villagers in the Dadu district are also served through this program
- Distribution cards are given to recipient students and their families which are then used to collect the packages of meat
- 3kg packages of meat are prepared for each recipient
- Over the last few years, several thousand deserving families received support through this program
Qurbani rates are set at:
- $80 per share of a cow and/or
Background: More than 100 tons of garbage is dumped in the village of Kachra Kundi, Karachi, Pakistan daily, which has caused excessive pollution and disease in the area. Not only are the residents of Kachra Kundi deprived of civic facilities like clean water, shelter, and electricity, but there had previously been zero access to education in this village- making these children oblivious to the outside world. In 2012, we partnered with the Idara Al Khair Welfare society to help bring hope to this community. Today, we have a brand new facility with 45 staff members and 790 students students enrolled. Thaakat aims to not only help the dreams of these students but also their families and the community as a whole. We've also adopted the intermediary college and primary school nearby which adds another 300 students that you are supporting.
* Please note Thaakat Foundation is a non-religious organization, however we do collect and distribute Zakaat and Sadaqa donations per guidelines.