Ivory Crockett Run for Webster 2019 Runners
October 19, 2019 ~ 5k ~ I mile Fun Run ~ Kids' 100-yard dash
In 1974, Ivory Crockett ran the fastest 100-yard dash with manual timing of 9.0 seconds, a record that stands today. Please join the celebration of Ivory Crockett's achievements with this community-wide event, in which the proceeds benefit the WGSD students and staff through Foundation Grants and Ivory Crockett Scholarships. It will be FUN for the whole family!
The morning of fun includes:
- Fredbird at the 100-yard dash
- Elementary School Students sing National Anthem
- High School Band performs along route
- WGHS Cheerleaders cheer for runners
- Medals for overall and age group winners
- Pancake Breakfast from 8:30 am - 10:30 am inside WGHS
- Kids Activities
Packet Pick Up Information:
Packet Pick-Up will be on:
- Friday, October 18th from 3pm - 6pm at Webster Groves High School at the South Junior Entrance (100 Selma Ave. St. Louis, MO 63119)
- Saturday, October 19th starting at 6:45 am at Webster Groves High School at the South Junior Entrance (100 Selma Ave. St. Louis, MO 63119)
- Paid for shirts will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis
New this year.... "Sleep in for Webster"
Don't like getting up before the sun? You can catch some zzz's and still support our schools! Sign up to "Sleep In for Webster", and you can show your support with a sleep mask while everyone else gets up early to run! When you do finally get out of bed you'll probably be hungry, so make sure you head over to the WGHS cafeteria for some pancakes! (They're included in your ticket.)
Race Day Timeline:
- The majority of volunteers are needed on the route as course monitors during the run.
- Volunteer check in is at 7am on Selma Ave. the morning of the run. (Donuts and coffee are provided!!)
- All registered volunteers receive a detailed email approximately a week prior to the race date explaining their role, time expectations, and any other need information.
- If you have any questions or would like to volunteer in another way, please reach out to this year's volunteer coordinators (See below)
- We try to accommodate all volunteer requests.
- Thank you in advance for giving your time!