Brown Bag Series - Responding to Patient/Client Em
Brown Bag Lunch and Learning Series: Responding to Patient/Client Emergencies
presented by Medical Advocacy and Outreach & MAO Behavioral Health
MAO Learning Center, 2530 Fisk Road, Montgomery, AL 36111
CHOOSE ONE OF TWO DATES: SEPT. 11 OR SEPT. 25!
11:45 AM – 4:30 PM
(4.5 contact hours - NBCC)
Costs: $45.00 (includes lunch, training materials and certificate)
Partial credit will not be offered. Additional instructions
associated with confirmation of credit may be provided onsite.
- · Sharon Beeman, Suicide Prevention Educator, Family Sunshine Center
- · Elana M. Merriweather, Director of Behavioral Health, Medical Advocacy and Outreach
- · Beverly Toodle, Mental Health First Aid Trainer, Council on Substance Abuse
- · Latanya Morgan Bell, Wellness Navigator, The Wellness Coalition
The purpose of this training is to provide a general overview of different evidence based interventions that can be used when providing direct services to individuals during emergencies and crisis related incidents.
- · Suicide Prevention: Question, Persuade, Refer
- · Psychological First Aid: 8 Core Functions
- · Mental Health First Aid: Developing an Action Plan
- · Crisis Intervention: Patient/Client De-escalation
- · Provide information on the warning sides of suicide and how to implement the QPR prevention method
- · Discuss how to utilize the 8 core functions of PFA when responding to emergency situations
- · Identify how to apply the MHFA Action Plan when working with individuals who have mental health disorders during emergency situations
- · Explain how to use patient/client de-escalation intervention strategies when working with people who are experiencing a mental health crisis
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6882. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by the Alabama State Board of Social Worker Examiners as an approved Continuing Educator Provider, ACEP No. 0134.
Registration Technical Assistance:
Should you experience difficulty with the online registration process e-mail email@example.com.
Training, Content, and Event Questions:
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!