Cure From Despair Impact Fund-COVID 19
Any type of medical condition
This fund was started to be able to help individuals and their families who were unable to plan a Celebration of Support event or only need a little financial assistance.
EXPANDED: We have opened up the fund to assist those who have been financially effected by the COVID 19 virus whether it be lost their job, laid off or are unemployed and have no to little income coming in.
Your support will help them with basic needs ( rent, mortgage, food, utilities, etc...) with short immediate needs.
• A Medical Crisis is a Financial Crisis and a Financial Crisis is a Medical Crisis.
• Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck.
• When one family member is going through a physical medical crisis the whole family goes through the crisis emotionally and financially.
• No.1 reason for bankruptcy is medical debt.
• Many Americans rack up credit card spending or visit a payday lender to pay medical debt or for basic needs.
• About 1 in 3 adults delay medical care due to cost.
• $1000 unexpected medical bills is too much for many people. They need to borrow from a friend, family,bank or take out of their retirement.
• 21.66% take out of their retirement to pay for their medical bills or basic needs during it.
• Families struggling with medical debt have a much higher rate of divorce, suicide, and poverty along with other major lives changes.
(References: Bankrate, Gallup poll, clearpointccs.org)
Sofia- Is a single mother with a 4 year old daughter who has cerebral palsy, microcephaly, epilepsy and cataracts. Sofia is self-employed and has an in-home daycare but because of the COVID-19 virus, she is not able to have children in her house and thus has no income coming in.
Cory and Amy- old son who has Stage 3 Hepatoblastoma (liver cancer) resulting in chronic kidney disease. Cory has lost his job due to the COVID-19, Amy is a stay at home mom and with funding not coming in, the family is in need of funds for rent and groceries.
Emily- self-employed massage therapist, who currently unable to have customers being a non-essential business, is in need of funds for rent.