Women's March San Luis Obispo - Truth to Power
1-19-19 We March!
Please donate to Women's March in San Luis Obispo
Join millions of women and allies, as we come together on 1-19-19 to continue creating the future we want, continue making our voices heard, and continue speaking our truth to power. We can't stop now when we have only just begun. Record numbers of women and allies are speaking up and running for office. Let's keep the momentum going!
Thank you to these generous donors and your support the estimated costs for 1/19/19 have been covered. In addition to the funds received via FlipCause we receive hard copy checks and other donations that do not show on the statue bar. We attempt to keep this site updated with all donations and list the date of updates below. WMSLO continues to raise funds in case costs go above the estimates and to be able to continue our work into 2020. You are fueling the fight for a more positive and just future. WMSLO strives to make sure all events we organize are free and open to all who believe in our mission. Every dollar you give makes this happen!
The share of cost for safety personnel $11,500
- $5000- Hathway!
- $3000- Matching donation from Southern California Pipe Trades District Council 16 ($1500) and Flipcause donors ($1500)!
- $1000- Maureen McGee- Nurse Mo!
- $1500 - Matching donation from SLO Progressives ($750) and Flipcause donors ($750)!
- $500 - Commission on the Status of Women!
- $500 - San Luis Obispo County Democratic Party!
Other costs as specified
- 100 % covered by
- Portable Restrooms - $3,500-Full donation Harvey's Honey Huts
- Zero Waste Management - $1275 - Full donation Guerilla Gardening Club
- Bike Valet - $75 (reduced from $299) - All labor donated by Bike SLO County. 100% covered by Democrats of San Luis Obispo Club
- Garbage/Recycling Dumpsters - $135 - 100% covered by Democrats of San Luis Obispo Club
- Materials for Volunteers - $200.00 - 100% covered by Five Cities Diversity Coalition
- Insurance - $1,528 - 100% covered by IBEW Local 639 ($1000), Central Coast Labor Council ($500), and Flipcause Donors ($28)!
- Publicity - $2000 - 100% covered by Natural Healing Center!
- Road Closure Noticing - $703 - 100% covered by Natural Healing Center!
- Standby Medic - $450 - 100% covered by Natural Healing Center!
- Permit - $620 -100% covered by Natural Healing Center!
- Water - $100 - donation by vendor
- Gazebo Banner- $160- 100% covered by All Signs and Graphics!
- Filming - $2000 - 100% covered by Films for Good - Bob and Christine Williams
- 8% fee to Fiscal Sponsor - $2,400 - Facebook, FlipCause and Check donations
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes! Women's March San Luis Obispo is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 non-profit organization. 100% of your donation is tax deductible. Our EIN is 46-1323531
Can I honor someone with my gift?
Yes! Leave a public note when you donate.
Can I give monthly or on another repetitive basis?
Yes! Click Monthly, Quarterly, or Annually to give on a repeat basis.
Can I send a check instead of donating online?
- Make the check out to Social Good Fund
- Write Women’s March SLO in the subject line
- Send to WMSLO c/o Social Good Fund, POB 5473, Richmond, CA, 94805
What is the Women's March SLO EIN?
Are Women's March SLO Organizers paid to organize the march?
Why are you raising so much money?
Women's March SLO focuses on creating a safe space for all people regardless of age, race, religion, ability level, gender, or immigration status. We want each person to have the space to engage in #TruthtoPower without fear of reprisal or arrest. We have had success working with the City of SLO to create this safe space. Part of doing so is participating as partners in the share of cost.
What is the mission of Women's March San Luis Obispo?
We stand in solidarity to protect women’s rights, human rights, our safety, our health, and our planet, as we move toward a positive and just future. We are actively nonviolent in words and action. We work to unify our nation’s diverse communities, grounded in new relationships, to create change from the grassroots. We recognize that there is no true peace, freedom, or inclusion without equity for all.
Where can I find out more information?
- Website: www.womensmarchslo.com
- Facebook: @womensmarchslo
- Instagram: @womensmarchslo
- Twitter: @womensmarchslo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org