#GivingTuesday is December 3, 2019
This #GivingTuesday, help meet CRC students' basic needs!
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, #GivingTuesday is a movement to create an international day of charitable giving at the beginning of the holiday season. This year, Cosumnes River College has launched the Hawk Cares Program to provide basic needs services to our most vulnerable students.
73% of Cosumnes River College students are low income, and half
are living below the federal poverty line. They struggle to meet their basic
needs while attending college, and all it takes is one minor setback to derail
It's why we are asking you to give a gift this #GivingTuesday to help us address our students' most pressing needs this holiday season. And thanks to the matching gifts from College leadership, donations up to $2,150 will have double the impact!
Hawk Cares encompasses a number of services:
- Homes for Hawks serves as a housing resource hub for current and future CRC students.
- Hawk Spot Food Pantry is a partnership between the Sacramento Food Bank and CRC to provide food and basic necessities for students experiencing food insecurity.
- Hawk Swap Clothing Exchange provides access to new or gently used clothing to students in need.
- Showers for Homeless Students provides access to enrolled students to use the campus’ shower facilities in the Small Gym.
- Student Support Fund is currently in development to provide financial assistance to students who are temporarily in need of support to address a one-time unexpected emergency.
- Textbook Scholarship provides $250 gift cards to CRC’s Hawks Nest bookstore through a drawing during the fall and spring semesters.
- Gowns for Grads was created by the CRC Alumni Association to support students with free access to graduation caps and gowns.
You can give CRC students the gift of security this #GivingTuesday.
Thank you for your support!