Double the Blessings Challenge
Every $ you give will be matched up to $30,000 - through Dec. 31, 2019
Our Double-the-Blessings Challenge is your most effective opportunity to support Pamoza’s programs. This year, the challenge is to raise $100,000 by December 31, 2019. Thanks to a group of generous supporters, your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $30,000 if your gift is received by December 31. Please click the donate button to make a contribution. We recommend that large contributions be mailed in to reduce processing fees.
Over the past eight years, Pamoza has lived its mission by asking our brothers and sisters in Malawi what they need to improve their community, and then we have walked alongside them to achieve their goals. We have helped 20 communities to access education, healthcare, food security, economic opportunity, and the Gospel. In 2019, we have:
- Reached 19,500 individuals with the Gospel at important life moments like when they are sick and suffering
- Helped our village bank members collectively save nearly $20,000
- Provided school breakfast to 1,500 students each school day and continued adult literacy and scholarships
- Demonstrated effective agricultural practices at our farming institute and helped 102 families attain food security
- Provided medical care to more than 2,500 individuals, including 18 expectant mothers, at our clinic
Top (from left to right): Bright, one of our high school scholars; the Balazeni savings group showing off what they bought together; Chimwemwe, one of our food security participants in her farm;
Bottom left: one of our early childhood education centers, bottom right: our staff in Malawi.
While we rejoice in our progress, there is still so much to be done. In 2020, we will be finally hiring a live-in nurse to provide consistent care. We will also be rolling out our CHIEFs initiative to improve the Character, Health, Income, Education, and Food security for 230 struggling households. Pamoza will reach a new level of community support by hiring Community Development Facilitators to identify the needs and opportunities in each family and community.
Don't want to give online? You can mail a check to Pamoza International, P.O. Box 23804, Philadelphia, PA 19143.