Join our Board as they Plant Seeds of Hope for Children in Foster Care
In gardening, the term, companion planting, means sowing seeds in such a way that plants help each other grow. Our board of directors is digging in, planting seeds of hope for children from foster care, and expecting a plentiful harvest.
Cultivating Families' mission is to equip communities of faith to care for foster and adopted children. Our vision is "a future where all communities of faith care for foster and adopted children." Our board of directors believes that "when all faith communities care for foster and adopted children, NO CHILD WILL BE LEFT TO NAVIGATE LIFE ALONE."
It's a dire need. Children from foster care, not adopted by the age of eighteen, "emancipate," and are at risk to navigate the world on their own without lifelong families and relationships. Countless studies show that this often leads to increased school dropout rates, substance abuse, unemployment, higher percentages of incarceration, and many other struggles. Serving all faiths, Cultivating Families is a neutral stakeholder that brings everyone to the table including The Department of Family and Protective Services, Faith leaders, child placement agencies, and qualified therapists.
WHEN YOU MAKE A DONATION TO CULTIVATING FAMILIES:
- You ensure that we can continue to equip communities of faith to care for local foster and adopted children.
- It makes a difference when we engage new congregations, develop new programs and courses that help foster and adoptive parents, recruit and train new course and event leaders, offer the community-wide prayer initiative for all children in foster care, and more!
WHEN YOU VOLUNTEER FOR CULTIVATING FAMILIES:
- You gain insight into the lives of foster and adopted children and their families.
- You actively participate in a way that helps children and families involved in the foster care system.
- You can track your hours and gain references for your resume or education
These are just a few of the ways in which you and your company or organization will benefit from a partnership with Cultivating Families. A relationship with us is more than just a business deal; it’s a promise of a better tomorrow for children from foster care.