Mom's Retreat at Bethany: January 17-19, 2020
A weekend of prayer and rest with the Lord and other moms like you!
Come enjoy a weekend away at Bethany Retreat House!
This year's theme: Love your children, forgive your husband, laugh at yourself.
Our speaker, Marie Bellet, has a valuable message that all women really need to hear. A mother of nine children, Marie has many years of experience to draw upon as she speaks about how to be a real saint in everyday life. Marie's talks are sprinkled with her own music. "My music is about the drama of everyday life: staying in love, going through the days' routine. I want to tell other mothers that they are not crazy or alone. If my music can do that, it will all be worthwhile." Learn more about Marie at www.mariebellet.com!
Our Retreat Priest: Fr. Wade Menezes, C.P.M. of the Fathers of Mercy
Retreat Cost: $160 per person for the weekend (includes room, meals and materials); $50 for Saturday only
Checks should be made to St. Patrick School or paid online with registration.
What to bring: comfortable clothes, toiletries, notebook or journal, pen, Bible, whatever else you need for the weekend.
Sheets and towels are provided. Bedrooms are private, about half of the bedrooms have a private bathroom, others share a common bathroom.
When to arrive: between 5-6 PM. Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM.
Friday: Dinner, Opening Conference
Saturday: Mass, Talks by Marie Bellet, Time for private prayer and rest, discussion, confession, Holy Hour, Concert by Marie
Sunday: Breakfast, Closing talk by Marie, Mass
Guidelines for Bethany Retreat House:
1. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in Bethany Retreat House or on the grounds.
2. Bethany Retreat House is located on 72 acres and is a beautiful, clean, and serene place in which to encounter God. The staff of the Retreat House asks for your partnership in maintaining this restful environment, both for yourself and for others who are on retreat.
3. Visitors are asked to leave the furniture as it is placed.
4. In order to provide an opportunity for prayer, the first floor bedrooms and bathrooms are places of silence. There are other times/places of silence posted.
5. We encourage retreatants to "fast" from technology in order to enter deeply into the opportunity for prayer, rest, and reflection. Phones should be on mute or turned off during the time of the retreat.
6. In order to keep the Retreat House beautiful and pest-free, we ask guests no to eat or store food in the first floor bedrooms.
7. Visitors at Bethany Retreat House acknowledge responsibility for any damages that may occur during their visit.