Into the Blue Dragon's Cave
PZI Summer Retreat (Sesshin) 2020 - with John Tarrant and Friends
This extended three-day, three-night gathering will begin at 4 p.m. PDT, Thursday, June 25th and complete at 6 p.m. PDT, Sunday, June 28th.
The Zendo altar will be lit, and the temple held with meditation periods, from 6 a.m. EDT to 9 p.m. PDT, with morning rituals beginning each day at 6:30 a.m. PDT. Dharma talks will be offered twice daily, and a panoply of teachers will offer dokusan interviews each day, too. We’ve designed the schedule to both hold us together as an extended community in one vessel and also offer flexibility for a range of time-zones to participate comfortably.
Sometimes the thing to do is to turn the light inward and go to the source. It’s going to be quite the event—a gateway into what is marvelous in your life. We are in a moment of deepening together, of feeling the gravity of our time and discovering the light that is always working inside us.
3 - 5 AM - OPEN SIT with Head of Practice
1 hour break - breakfast for east coast
6 - 7:30 AM - morning tea, welcome rituals, sitting
1.5 hour break - west coast breakfast, east coast snack or lunch
9 - 11 AM - sitting and morning dharma talk
1.5 hour break
12:30 - 3:30PM - sitting and interviews with teachers
1 hour break
4:30 - 6:30PM - sitting and evening dharma talk, closing rituals
1 hour break - west coast dinner
7:30 - 9 PM - OPEN SIT with Head of Practice
It's a moment and a time of deepening together, and of allowing the gravity of this time to move through us and transform us without forgetting the brightness already and always here.
- 4 p.m. PDT, Thursday, June 25th and complete at 6 p.m. PDT, Sunday, June 28th.
- Discounts, as always, for PZI Members
- Scholarships are also available for members in need. Please contact the registrar, Jan Black
- Use the buttons below to select your registration - you can always go back to add donations or teacher dana. Donations to the PZI Scholarship Fund help others attend.
- You may register for 1 or 2 people
- You will receive a link for online participation with the welcome email Monday June22nd.
- Looking forward to seeing you in the temple!
Thank you for being part of us and for your ongoing support and participation in PZI’s Zen Online sessions.