Assemble Hygiene Kits for Homeless Women and Kids
Orinda C.A.R.E.S. - Everyone Belongs Here
Join us on International Women's Day for a special Orinda C.A.R.E.S. service learning project to help us spread kindness and important resources to many families in need. We will be assembling hygiene kits with love for Women's Daytime Drop-In Center of Berkeley (https://www.womensdropin.org/). Women's Daytime Drop-In Center empowers homeless women and children for a brighter future by supporting them with resources so families can stay safe as they transition. This service learning project will be a fun and meaningful opportunity for Orinda Union children and families to celebrate diversity and help uplift local women and children in need.
What you will do:
- Learn why hygiene supplies are such an important resource to provide
- Learn about diversity, gender equity, and homelessness
- Create and decorate hygiene kits so that they are ready for distribution
- Connect with other local families in the community
Who can attend the event?
- This event is open to all families within Orinda Union School District.
What should I bring into the event?
- Water and snacks as needed for your children. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- All proceeds from registration fees go directly toward supplies for the hygiene kits. Additional supplies you'd like to donate would be greatly appreciated, as well as gift cards for the women transitioning from homelessness to a new home, such as Target, Safeway, etc.
When you complete your registration you will see two waivers, one for minors and one for adults. Please complete both.
For any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!