The goal of the Annual Ventura County Housing Conference is to engage the public, housing professionals, and elected officials in a practical, action-oriented symposium that will result in:
• New and improved programs, tools and solutions for housing creation at all levels, including those at the lower income levels;
• Greater understanding of issues surrounding the housing supply, need, process and costs;
• Enriched partnerships and cooperation between organizations and individuals for a more efficient development process.
The conference theme “Scaling Up: From Blueprint to Home” examines:
· Changes and adaptations in the housing sector due to current conditions;
· Housing quotas and the action it will take to achieve including:
o The Housing Toolbox: potential strategies such as neighborhood overlays, commercial/industrial conversions, flexible zoning, mixed-use, streamlining infill, adding density to existing housing, etc., and
o Municipal updates on procedural changes that will help achieve housing goals;
· “Housing Mismatch”: a CSUCI student research presentation analyzing elements of demand with supply in order to assess what we should be building.
“Scaling Up: From Blueprint to Home” will provide practical, real-world solutions to address housing in Ventura County. An expanded exhibit area and time-frame will include other innovative ideas presented by local businesses and community organizations.