The goal of the Annual Ventura County Housing Conference is to engage the public, housing professionals, and elected officials in a practical, action-oriented symposium that will result in:
• New and improved programs, tools and solutions for housing creation at all levels, including those at the lower income levels;
• Greater understanding of issues surrounding the housing supply, need, process and costs;
• Enriched partnerships and cooperation between organizations and individuals for a more efficient development process.
The conference theme “Scaling Up: From Blueprint to Home” examines the Covid19 environment, its impact on the housing sector and strategies to meet regional housing needs.
- State of VC Housing
- Covid19 effect on socio-demographics, job trends, resiliency and economic inequality and the impact on regional housing.
- A Cal State University Channel Islands student research presentation analyzing housing demand, supply and pandemic influence in order to assess what should be built.
- Realtor market analysis and changes to the real-estate transaction process.
- Housing Toolbox
- Desired changes to policy, zoning and building guidelines
- Impact on existing housing stock, especially multi-family, and the necessary modifications.
- Design strategies and solutions to address space, flexibility, conversions, and dichotomy between new health safety protocols and increased density to achieve housing goals open space preservation.