Second Harvest is the grocery store for the most vulnerable members of our community. During public health crises like the COVID-19 outbreak, kids and families on the brink of poverty are disproportionately impacted.
- 1 in 5 people who face hunger daily in the counties we serve, including the 1 in 4 children
- Seniors, not only are they especially vulnerable to the virus but they also are living on strict fixed incomes
- Children in areas that will lose access to the meals they receive at school
- Workers employed in jobs directly impacted by the recommended closures and lack of consumer support
- Families who were not able to afford to add additional groceries to their already tight budgets prior to the social distancing requests
When schools are closed and hourly wages are scaled back, the service we provide is even more critical. Yet we’re facing unprecedented challenges ourselves, with mass volunteer cancellations and distribution networks shutting down.
Now more than ever, Second Harvest of San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties needs your support to make sure anyone who needs a healthy meal can get one. We’re incredibly grateful for your help. With the onset of Covid-19 and new social distancing guidelines we have had to change the way we handle our Mobile Fresh program to ensure we are following all mandates. Each bag now has to be prepacked the day before the event to make our new drive through model work successfully.
- We allow no more than 12 volunteers per shift
- Please sign up in advance so we now you are coming and have space reserved
- Closed toe shoes and comfortable clothing are required
- We do not provide face masks but please feel free to bring your own, for your protection our staff will have their faces covered
- We provide plenty of gloves please change them as often as needed
- Handwashing is required upon entering our warehouse
- Maintain the 6ft social distancing policy
- If you are ill or have been around anyone ill please reschedule for a different day
- If you can not make it please email email@example.com so we can open your slot up again
Second Harvest Volunteer and Community Events Center 704 E. Industrial Park Dr.
Manteca, CA 95337