Your donation to the Konadu Fund helps to empower and educate the children left out of the Ghana Educational System. Though the literacy rates in Ghana are quite high, rural areas often do not benefit from the resources of the national government. The fund covers the education costs of our 250 students, salaries for 19 staff members and allows us to plan for expansion and growth.
What will the Konadu Funds cover?
- Operational expenses to run the school
- Recreational expenses allowing Konadu to compete in soccer tournaments
- Clean water
- Staff expenses (bus driver, cook)
- Daily breakfast and lunch for our students
- Emergency health aid for students
- Books and supplies
- Teacher salaries
- Maintenance and fuel for our school bus
Something that the campus has needed is public bathrooms. With your support we will be able to start building this in the new year. With the launch of junior high classes in 2017 we're also looking to build additional classrooms and a computer lab. Stay tuned for developments.