GO Local 2020 Letters of Encouragement
If you've done GO Local before, you know the TREMENDOUS impact it has in our communities. If you haven't...your heart is in for a BIG TREAT!
*(PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE FORM & SUMMIT THE FORM BELOW)
You chose this project (or, it chose YOU) because you care about the fact that In the United States mothers and fathers go to prison at troubling rates. In fact, one of every 12 American children (more than 5.7 million kids) under age 18 has experienced parental incarceration at some point during their lives. ADD to that the current COVID-19 pandemic, which completely ceased ALL visitation within the prisons...and the result is A LOT of concerned and hurting families in our communities!
We get to provide HUGS FROM HEAVEN by sending encouragement their way just when they need it most!
We get to be the caring community that lets them know WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
After we receive your responses below, here’s what you can expect from US :
- The (first) name of the family caregiver
- The (first) name of the incarcerated Mom or Dad in one of our local Ohio prisons
- Each child's (first)name & age
Next BEFORE May 30th, you can pray for the families you receive...and also have FUN doing this :
- Write a letter of encouragement.
- Make or purchase a card(s) to warm their hearts...BE CREATIVE!
- Send poems, affirmations or encouraging quotes
- Have your kids create artwork that says 'I'm thinking of you and praying for you!'
- Include a Kroger or gas gift card (Totally optional and should not exceed $25)
- Place all cards, letters, etc. in a large ziploc (preferred) bag or manilla envelope(s) w/your name on it
(If creating Encouragement packs for more than (1) family, please use a separate ziplock or envelope)
Finally, ON Sat; May 30th between 10am - 12pm You'll MEET US @CROSSOADS FOR THE DROP-OFF, where we'll get a chance to wave (gotta adhere to social distancing) and say how much we APPRECIATE YOU!
Any Questions?? ;-) If so, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We can't wait to see you on the 30th!