Walk N Roll 2020
100 Mile Summer Challenge
Walk-N-Roll 2020 is a
100 Mile Summer Challenge!
Can you do it??
Walk-N-Roll is usually a fall event where we all walk and roll together for one mile. But we can't do that this year so we're challenging EVERYONE to do 100 miles!
A team is formed to support one individual who has been impacted by Spina Bifida and the team helps that person reach 100 miles and raise $1,000.
Yes! 100 miles over six weeks--you can do it!
If we're going to all stay safe at home we might as well focus on staying healthy and getting in shape (or staying in shape!)
You have six weeks to accomplish 100 miles between July 11- and August 22, 2020
Wherever you can stay safe and reach 100 miles!
Well, that's the fun part!! It's all about fitness and healthy habits!
100 miles can be accomplished this way:
One mile =
* One mile of walking, rolling, biking, hiking, running, swimming, pushing stroller or chair
* One hour of yoga, fitness, exercise, weight training, stretching or an organized class
* Eight hours of sleep/night
* Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables/day
* Drink water per your height/weight recommendations (ie: 8 oz of water /8 times a day)
* One hour of reading a book (not a comic book!). Mental health is important!
ALSO very important--since this is Walk-N-Roll we have a goal of raising $50,000
How? Get your team together! Ask family and friends to sponsor your 100-mile challenge and help you reach your goals--physically and financially! If you walk and roll (and practice healthy habits together) then you all stay healthier!
Get sponsors and donations for each mile or for your total efforts.
Every team that signs up gets:
• To track your mileage through Live Healthy Iowa!
• Online weekly exercise session just for this program!
• Online weekly live health fitness program/webinar
• Armband to carry your phone while walking, rolling, etc.
• Up to 5 face masks to wear while walking/rolling (if around others)
• Up to 5 performance t-shirts to wear while walking/rolling (you can order sizes)
• Yard sign that says "Support my 100-mile fitness challenge!"
* And a lotta love from the Spina Bifida Association of Iowa!!!
Team must commit to:
• The 100-mile challenge over 6 weeks
• Track fitness daily and log in to report
• Raise at least $1,000
(Idea: Ask for matching funds from employers)
• Post a photo at least once a week of your team doing a fitness activity or idea for getting 5 servings of fruits and veggies in a day or how to get a good nights sleep (we will list ideas!)
Prizes awarded to:
• Top 3 teams with the top total mileage
• Top 3 teams with the highest fundraising
• Most creative mileage makers
• Most creative fundraisers and weekly fundraising incentives
What will SBAI do for you?
• Help you track your miles
• Organize programs to support fitness and fundraising
• Send out regular fundraising ideas
• Engage with participants directly
• Provide weekly check-ins
• Provide weekly live program on Zoom