Mercer County Parks Fund
Every year, parks throughout Mercer County have unfunded projects.
Many of these projects are vital for each and every park. They make your visit enjoyable. They keep you safe. They keep your parks looking great. Over time, these unfunded projects stack up. When this happens, the whole future of that park can become unknown.
Your membership in PPF helps make our mission possible.
We are a fiscally sponsored project of the SocialGood Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Membership dues are tax deductible minus the costs of our benefits. We have membership levels for every income group. You can pay your membership dues on a one time, annual or monthly basis. The level of trust you put in us will never be forgotten and we promise to make every dollar count. Ultimately, our goal is 90 percent of the money goes to the parks and 10 percent covers our operational, marketing and benefits expenses.
This is how your membership dues will be used.
Here is how we plan to use the funds. 75% of the funds will remain in your county fund. These funds will fund all county, city, boro and township parks. The other 25% will be put into our General Fund. When it comes to the general fund, 60% will go to fund all national and state parks and all national and state forest. The remaining 40% will be used to fund our fundraising, payroll and rewards expenses.
Now for an example.Lets say you donated $200. From that $200, $150 will be kept in your county fund. That will fund all county, city, boro and township parks within your county. $50 will be put into our general fund. $30 that was put into the general fund will be used to fund all national and state parks and all national and state forest within PA. The remaining $20 that was deposited into our general fund will be used to fund all other expenses of PPF. This includes but not limited to fundraising, payroll, general expenses and rewards. So this means 90% of your donation funded our parks while 10% funded other operational expenses.