Southeast Florida Honor Flight Military Mascots
Help support our Missions and receive a fun military branch specific mascot
Help support Southeast Florida Honor Flight with military mascots representing the United States Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Army and Marines. These mascots were designed by a disabled veteran.
Each piece in the Military Mascot plush charitable product line comes with a multi-paneled hang tag that explains how the mascot got its name. Curious about what the mascots are and why? Here you go:
- The Air Force is represented by Aurora, a rare female white phase gyrfalcon. Three percent of all falcons are gyrfalcons, and only one percent of those are white.
- The Army is represented by Jackson, or Mr. Jackson, which was the first “official” mule of the United States Military Academy. Mules serve as the mascot for the entire United States Army representing endurance, strength, and wisdom.
- Chesty, the Marine Corps mascot, is named after the legendary Lt. General Lewis Burwell “Chesty” Puller. He served in World War II, the Korean War, and is the most decorated Marine of all time.
- The Navy’s mascot, Bill, is named after the past Commandant of Midshipmen, Admiral Colby M. Chester’s pet goat. Admiral Chester was the only naval officer to actively serve in the Civil War, Spanish-American War and World War I.
- Rounding out the mascot team is Objee the bear, the first mascot of the U.S. Coast Guard. After being rescued by Cadet Stephen Hadley Evans in 1926(yes, a real bear), she was soon sworn in as a cadet herself and spent her days eating in the cadet wardroom and exercising alongside the cadets.
(The water bottle is used for size representation.)
We are offering
Individual mascots for a $15 donation each (free shipping and handling)
Complete set of all 5 for a donation of $75 (free shipping and handling)