'Feeding A Region' Premiere & Panel Discussion
The time to strengthen our regional food ecosystem has arrived.
The ‘Feeding a Region’ Premiere and Panel Discussion is the debut of Carolina Farm Trust’s new short film, showcasing our vision to feed the entire Charlotte Metro with food from local farms. Following the film, a panel of 5 local food systems leaders will discuss the following:
- The challenges of current food systems.
- Systemic changes needed to achieve food justice.
- The importance of grounding food justice in racial equity.
- The urgency of starting the work for food justice now.
- The ways in which funding this work will yield a return on investment.
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2020
Time: 6:00 p.m. EST
Location: Virtual (Video Conference)
Click Here for the digital program, including panelist bios.
***Registrants will receive the video conference link closer to the event date.
Sponsored by Trane Technologies.
6:00 p.m. Welcome by Zack Wyatt, Executive Director of Carolina Farm Trust
6:10 p.m. Film Showing
6:17 p.m. Introduction of the moderator: Scott Tew, Trane Technologies
6:20 p.m. Introduction of the panelists:
- Elliott Royal, RAO Community Health
- Rickey Hall, West Boulevard Neighborhood Coalition
- Erin Barbee, Charlotte Mecklenburg Housing Partnership
- Bernard Singleton, Nebedaye Farms
- Russell Hedrick, JRH Grain Farms
6:25 p.m. Panel Discussion
6:50 p.m. Q&A
7:15 p.m. Closing Remarks
Feeding a Region Film Description:
The time to strengthen our regional food ecosystem has arrived. Now, more than ever, the Carolinas need robust local food systems that have the ability to withstand challenges such as pandemics, natural disasters, or changes in the agricultural workforce. We need an approach that is comprehensive and collaborative. An approach that includes our partners. An approach that includes farmers, farms, markets, and consumers. 'Feeding a Region' depicts Carolina Farm Trust’s vision to feed the Carolinas with healthy food from local farms and the steps we will need to take, collectively, along the way.