Second Harvest of the Greater Valley serves thousands of individuals and families in need of food assistance every year. Our work centers on Stanislaus and San Joaquin Counties, but reaches far beyond.
Come be a part of our mission to end hunger in our local communities! Volunteers help us carry out a variety of projects in our Manteca warehouse, such as sorting through food donations, assembling boxes of groceries, and repackaging food items. We are always looking for extra help, and are happy to have you volunteer with us as often as you'd like.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we're adhering to CDC health and safety guidelines by doing the following:
- We are limiting the size of volunteer groups.
- Closed toed shoes and comfortable clothing are required for work in the warehouse.
- We no longer require the use of face masks, but you may choose to wear one if you like.
- Handwashing is required upon entering our warehouse.
- Gloves are required when handling food items. Gloves are provided to all volunteers and should be changed often.
- For the health and safety of all our volunteers and staff members, maintain the 6-foot social distancing policy.
- If you are ill or have been around anyone who is ill, please reschedule for a different day.
- If the CDC considers you or someone in your household as high-risk, we do not recommend that you volunteer at this time.
For more information about volunteering, as well as other ways you can help, please visit our website at localfoodbank.org/volunteer.
GROUPS WELCOMED! We require 2 weeks' minimum advanced notice for the date which your group would like to volunteer for.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] or 209-239-2091 with any questions or concerns.
We hope to see you soon!
Please note that after your first time registering, you no longer need to enter your emergency contact information or additional information as it will already be on file (unless this information needs to be updated). This will save you time on registration.
If for any reason you cannot make it, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kobe Salas.