CCM Summer 2020 Drive-In Movie Night! Aug 5th
We're ending the summer with a shared community event, recreating the "Drive-In" Movie Experience!
Note: RSVP's and the following of regulations (as listed below) are REQUIRED for entry.
Wednesday, August 5, 2020 from 7:15 - 9:15pm
Who: Inviting all Midrasha families to join in their cars!
(The movie is appropriate for ages 11+.)
Where: Beth Chaim Congregation's parking lot (1800 Holbrook Drive in Danville)
What: Drive-In movie experience seeing "The Zig Zag Kid"
About the Film: Based on Israeli author David Grossman's novel by the same name, The Zig Zag Kid, follows twelve-year-old Nono. He longs to be a top police inspector like his father, but his wild nature constantly gets him into trouble. Fed up with Nono's fantasies and antics, his father sends him off to his uncle's. On the train, Nono meets the charming international thief Felix Glick, who claims to be sent by his father and promises to help Nono solve the mystery of his absent mother, Zohara. But as he discovers that Felix isn't exactly who he says he is, Nono has to decide how far he's going to go to discover the secrets of his past. Entering a world of intrigue and adventure, Nono crosses paths with the famous singer Lola Ciperola on his journey to discover the secrets of Zohara and change his life forever. Check out reviews from Common Sense Media to see more details!
Why: Join us for the shared experience of enjoying a "coming of age" story of a young Jewish boy. We'll end the evening together with a talk-back on Zoom about the film.
How: Denon & Doyle is setting up all the tech for us to enjoy this drive-in movie night! (Thanks, Denon & Doyle!!) You'll watch on a beautiful screen and listen through your car's radio via FM transmitter.
Cost & Codes: $20 per vehicle.
If your teen signed up already for 2020-21 at CCM, the event is free. See e-mails from CCM for coupon code.
Due to space restrictions, only 25 parking spots are available. RSVP by Aug. 4th at 5pm is required for entry.
We thank the East Bay International Jewish Film Festival for its generous support as a co-sponsor for the evening's event.
Funding for Summer Sheva provided by the Contra Costa Jewish Community Center and from The Jewish Teen Education and Engagement Initiative (Teen Initiative), a project of the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund with generous support from The Jim Joseph Foundation and local funders.
Acceptance of policies and registration conditions:
The following CCM Registration Terms & Conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) apply to this event. Prior to your registration, you must acknowledge and accept the Terms & Conditions contained herein. Should you not wish to accept the Terms & Conditions you should not register. Submission of your registration is regarded as an affirmation of your acceptance of the Event Terms & Conditions.
Contra Costa County's Order, "Highly Regulated Vehicle-Based Gatherings":
- Join us in a vehicle that is entirely enclosed. (i.e. Convertibles, bicycles, motorcycles or otherwise open vehicles will not be allowed entry.) Families are encouraged to come together! Participants cannot switch vehicles during the event.
- Please arrive with your family's name written on a large sheet of paper, so that we can mark off your RSVP when you arrive.
- We will be placing vehicles six-feet apart.
- Public Restrooms are available until 830pm at the adjacent park. We encourage you to use restrooms at your home before coming to the event.
- A mask must be worn over your nose and mouth if you need to roll down your windows during the event or exit your vehicle for any reason. While outside your vehicle, you must maintain six-feet of distance between people.
- There will not be food or drink available at the event. Please bring these items with you from home.
- Staff will be onsite to help with traffic and security. Be kind to this personnel. Remember they are with us to ensure our safety.
- CCM will e-mail the formal Gathering Plan to participants, the County and the City prior to the night's event.
Liability Waiver & Release:
In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in the event, you hereby warrant and represent that you are age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue Contra Costa Midrasha (CCM) and/or Beth Chaim Congregation, (BCC) or its members, employees, board members, agents, or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability,
For teens who wish to attend, who are younger than 18, we ask that you a guardian please download, sign, scan and e-mail the attached liability waiver to Devra at CCM: firstname.lastname@example.org. This document could also be printed and signed and turned in at the event.
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!