You Light the Night 5k
Run, walk, ride, swim or roll 5 kilometers
(3.1 miles) between September 18-28, 2020 to help bring light to people living
This global event is intended to bring awareness to the 1 billion people living in darkness every day. When the sun goes down, they rely on candles, kerosene and wood to light their homes; or oftentimes they have nothing. This lack of electricity solidifies poverty, leads to poor health and contributes to global greenhouse gas emissions.
By joining Unite to Light for our You Light the Night 5k, you can help bring light to the world. Here’s how you participate:
When: September 18 - 28, 2020
- Click RAISE Funds to register, participate and create your fundraising page.
- Add your photo to your page, tell everyone what event you’ll be doing, when, where and which program you’ll be supporting.
- To raise funds for a specific Project (like Homelessness or Education) or Recipient Organization (like TEMA or Backpacks for the Street) join that Team when you register, or start your own!
- Make the first $10 donation to your own page to see how it works and make sure it all looks good, and to prepare your fundraising meter for action. Fundraise more than $50 to Get & Give the gift of light (see table below for details).
- Let your friends and family know and they can donate to your fundraising page, or join your team!
- Download THIS POSTER and share to social media.
- Use a fitness tracking app while completing your 5k, then post the screenshot from your app to your fundraising page to show off your accomplishments!!
- If you're on Strava, join the Unite to Light Club to train with friends and track your "race" when you're ready.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #youlightthenight when posting about your fundraising challenge on social media so everyone can find you!
1. Shipping only available to US addresses. If
you are international, two Luke Lights will be donated to the project of your
2. Signs will only be shipped to US addresses. If you are international, we will email you a sign that you can print.