Social Justice Tread-A-Thon®
Advocating for Change and Taking Action - September - December
The purpose of the Social Justice Tread is to encourage participants to become advocates for social change and to discuss racial injustices. Such injustices are inclusive of the drowning disparity in the United States and throughout the world.
-75% of funds raised by Tread-A-Thon's® go to your organization and the remaining 25% of the funds are donated to the International Water Safety Foundation and Diversity In Aquatics to help in their efforts of curving drowning and increasing equality-
-Many teams and organizations are treading for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. The significance of 8 minutes and 46 seconds is to remember the police brutality against George Floyd-
*Teams also have the option to donate 100% of the proceeds
Diversity In Aquatics
Diversity In Aquatics is a non-profit organization that
promotes, educates, and educates water safety and drowning prevention, and aquatic physical activities in historically underrepresented communities and vulnerable populations. Through the educational programming and collaborative relationships in traditionally underrepresented communities in order to equip historically underrepresented communities and vulnerable populations with the skills needed to be safe and participate in aquatic physical activities and environments. By increasing sustainability in water safety and drowning prevention efforts and involvement in a variety of aquatic physical activities in historically underrepresented communities and vulnerable populations.
#SocialJusticeTread, #IWSF, #DiversityInAquatics, #BlackLivesMatter