And the Winners are!
Four builders from each of the counties we represent have generously agreed to build & donate 4 different playhouses to be raffled.
The winner will be announced at the Holiday Festival we are hosting where The Brenham High School Choir will sing carols.
We will also be offering hot cocoa and cookies. Donations are always appreciated. To ensure safety, COVID regulations will be observed.
You are responsible for picking up your playhouse and arranging for its delivery to your property.
See winner guidelines below.
****Don't have a use for a playhouse? Set up a reoccurring monthly pledge of $10 or more below,
and you will be entered to win a pair of Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones a $229 value. ****
What does CASA do?
CASA volunteers are community members that work collaboratively to support children and families involved in the foster care system. Our volunteers come from different backgrounds, neighborhood and communities just like the kids they help. Each volunteer goes through training to learn how to advocate for the best interest of children and their families before being assigned to a case by a judge.
After they complete their training, they will be able to ensure a child's best interest is being met and that the child's voice is heard:
- Identifying and addressing risks to the child’s safety and well-being.
- Identifying supportive people in the child’s life that CASA can work with to maintain safe connections throughout the child's life.
- Ensuring appropriate physical and mental health assessments are completed and the child’s needs are understood by the family and everyone involved in the case through a trauma-informed approach.
- Verifying educational assessments are completed and educational supports are in place.
By supporting CASA for Kids of South Central Texas you will help us maintain a sense of urgency to all children’s cases and recognize that permanency is essential to their well-being.
The fine print
1. The drawing will be held on Friday, Dec 18th at 6:00 p.m. Attendance is not necessary to win.
2. As the winner, you are responsible for the taxes required by the IRS in receipt of what is considered income.
3. You understand CASA for Kids of South Central Texas has worked with known and reputable builders to have the playhouse you won constructed, displayed, and available to win in the promotion. However, CASA for Kids of South Central Texas had no part in the design, construction, building, the delivery, or set up on your property of that playhouse.
4. Accordingly, you as the winner, agree to hold CASA for Kids of South Central Texas and the named builders harmless and agree to release CASA for Kids of South Central Texas & named builders from any liability or potential liability related to or pertaining to the playhouse you have won, including but not limited to any claims of injury due to the design, construction, or materials used in the playhouse, or for any injuries that might be received by virtue of children, adults, or animals playing inside or around the playhouse , once it has been placed onto your property.
5. You are responsible for picking up your playhouse and arranging for its delivery to your property. Accordingly, you agree to hold CASA for Kids of South Central Texas or named builders harmless and release CASA for Kids of South Central Texas and named builders for any damage to the playhouse, or any loss, damage, or injury created by virtue of delivering, or setting up the playhouse on your property, or the moving, relocating, or repositioning the playhouse following its delivery to your property at the conclusion of the Casas for CASA promotion.
In person event moved to Facebook Live Drawing December 14, 2020
Our 4th Playhouse from Estella Contracting was delivered this weekend!
Due to increasing Covid numbers we are canceling the Open House portion of our Casas for CASA event. Thank you for your support and we look forward to you joining us live on FACEBOOK!
Live on Facebook Dec 18th @6pm
CASA for Kids of South Central Texas