The AKEF Scholarship Committee would like to congratulate you as you take the next steps to advance your education and pursue your career goals. The enclosed packet contains the scholarship criteria and instructions, application, questionnaire, and essay. The letters of recommendation and transcripts must be submitted along with the application.
Please remember incomplete and or late applications will not be accepted.
Email all questions to [email protected] or call at (980) 395-3606.
The AKEF Scholarship Committee
High school seniors:
- Currently enrolled in final semester of high school
- Awaiting acceptance into a post-secondary institution, and will obtain acceptance
Students currently enrolled in a university, college, or vocational training program
- Be in good standing with the institution at the time the scholarship is awarded
- Currently enrolled with a minimum 12 credit hour of courses
- Must be a full time-student
- Must be 25 years of age or younger
- Provide proof of enrollment at a post-secondary institution of higher education (college, university, or training center)
- Provide a copy of your current transcript or grade report
- Provide a completed AKEF application
- Submit three signed letters of support from persons not related to you who can speak to your academics, community involvement, and leadership (e.g, teachers, professors, professionals, counselors, mentors, community leaders, mentors, or faith leaders). Including the person’s contact information - phone number and email address
- Apply each year you wish to be considered for a scholarship
- Applicants must submit complete application packets. Incomplete packets will not be considered
- Completed applications will be accepted from September 1st of the current year until December 30th of the same year
- Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed or returned by the AKEF Scholarship Committee
Awardees will be notified of the committee’s decision in writing within four weeks of the closing date.
Upon notification all awardees must provide to AKEF a brief biography of no more than two short paragraphs; an electronic professional photograph; completed and signed AKEF Consent Form for Scholarship Awardees; and the proper name and mailing address of the school to make the scholarship award check payable. Awardees will be notified with a deadline to submit these items