7th Annual Family Photo Booth Fundraiser
An Collaborative Photojournalism Essay on Family Life
In its 7th year, this collaborative photojournalism essay on family life was originally inspired by the #MomInThePicture movement. This pop-up photo booth is a quick and playful glimpse into all the similar & different ways that families take shape and experience phases, moods, and examples of imperfection. See this link for the back story of this event.
Families register to participate within a 15 minute window for their 3 minute pop up micro-session with Winky Lewis!
Participants should not expect formal portraits, this is a playful snapshot of family realness, silly, goofy, authentic facial expressions capturing a moment of our children's growth & development, laughing, squinting, nose to nose, cheek to cheek, raised eyebrows... all the things!
At noon on Monday September 14th tickets for the Photo Booth Benefit will go on sale for the Sunday morning September 20th event:
2020 Benefit tickets $100
Location: Birth Roots Outdoor Classroom at 16 Vannah Avenue.
This event is a Benefit supporting the nonprofit organization, Birth Roots Center for Community Supported Parenting in its mission to provide programming that changes outcomes in early parenting and family life, updates outdated narratives and creates the conditions for a culture of community support to take root.
1. Make a reservation online
2. Choose from one of the time slots between 9:00 and 11:00am. Try to arrive 5 to 10 min before your 15 minute slot.
3. Participants will be given access to the photos to share or print, with the option to purchase professional prints from the photographer.
4. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the Birth Roots annual operating budget
STOP! Before you participate in this fundraiser it is important to fully understand what it is and is not. There are many "mini-session" opportunities out there for family portraits if that is what you are looking for, but that is not what this event is. These images might include eyes open or closed, looking up, down or away, not everyone in your party will necessarily be facing the same direction and looking at the same focal point at the same time. Formal portraiture is not the intent or purpose of this photojournalism essay and fundraising event.
By clicking purchase I am agreeing to the following terms 1. We understand that this event is a fundraiser for Birth Roots and as such tickets are nonrefundable, they are transferable however, and may be sold or given to another family 2. We understand that the photographer is volunteering her time as a generous gift to Birth Roots and should not be contacted with requests for redo's or refunds. 3. We understand that the photographer will produce 3 images of our family, she/you may get lucky and she may be able to capture a couple more keepers, but this is highly dependent on the mood & willingness of different children
4. We understand that, due to the excessive time involved in making individual, separate galleries, images will be made available in one shared gallery only accessible to participants. There is value to seeing one's own images in the context of the complete "essay". A few images may be included in Birth Roots media promotion of future events
5. All participants will follow State of Maine COVID protocols, wearing masks and social distancing as appropriate while waiting for your turn (understanding that 4 and younger may be mask-free)
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!