"I think it's important to know where you came from. I don't care what business you're in...
knowing where you came from helps you bring in new ideas and helps you avoid mistake."
- Host our first EMS History Weekend - everyone will be invited to submit presentations that celebrate this historic innovation and changes that helped EMS grow into the industry it is today. An official call for presenters will come out in the new year.
- In the first few months of 2021 we will open our digital archive and research library. Many of our collections are sitting in boxes waiting for the funds to scan and upload lots of the great resources. We will have three collections ready to go soon, thanks in large part to your generous donations to our Digitize the Thom Dick Collection and private support from individuals. More collections are in the queue which means more fundraising is needed to get the job done!
- In the spring we will start our exhibition openings for the year, with FIVE slated to open in 2021, both online and in person as museums start to open to the public again. Each exhibit can take $10,000 or more to produce and ship. Supporting exhibitions gets the EMS story out to our communities across the country.
- In the Fall, in conjunction with our history weekend, we will release our first issue of our new print magazine featuring historical research, stories, and celebrations of EMS past and present.
- Of course we are also excited to be joining the National Registry of EMTs and the Wisconsin Ambulance Association at their gatherings in 2021 (fingers crossed) and hope to confirm other shows throughout the year as the world gets back up to speed. Our Ambulance is nearly restored and ready to hit the road in 2021!