The SAZAEYC 2020 Annual Conference will be an online professional development opportunity to connect with early childhood educators, professionals, and families from the Southern Arizona community and others joining virtually from around the country. We hope to support one another during a challenging time as we come together to learn. The sessions offered will focus on one of the following themes: Family Engagement (including sessions designed specifically for families), Social Justice in the Early Childhood Years, and Self-Care and Mindfulness.
We invite you to wake up with SAZAEYC and join us for a pre-conference session starting at 7:30 a.m. Enjoy your coffee or tea at home while you join one of our chat rooms, attend a virtual yoga session, or join families and kids for a special time to share instruments! Please reference the conference brochure on sazaeyc.org/annual-conference for to learn more about each session and the presenters, as well as to download the full conference schedule.
Pre-Conference Sessions 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Coffee and Chat Connection with SAZAEYC Board Members (a chance to meet incoming board members)
- Coffee and Chat Student Connection (led by Somos Enlace)
- Coffee and Chat Parent Connection
- Yoga Session with Katie Kurtin
- Meet and Greet with Mr. Nature: Show and Share Your Instruments!
Session A 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Balancing Priorities: Parenting During a Pandemic Tessa Brock
- Building a Family Focused Child Care Center Dr. Daniel Gonzalez
- BILINGUAL SESSION Connecting with your children at home & innovative Self-Care / Conectando con sus hijos en casa y autocuidado innovador Enrique C Feldman
- Mindfulness for Us All: Fun and Effective Ways to Help Us and the Young Children in Our Lives Relax, Tune-in, and Connect Jordan Hill
- Socially Just Teaching in a Conscious Discipline Classroom Diana Brown and Katie Kurtin
Session B 10:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- When the Mirror Doesn’t Match the Classroom: What to do when your child’s teacher doesn’t look like them Mona Qafisheh
- Let's Talk About Race Esther Leyva-McGee and Jesusa Valdez
- Diving into Inclusion: DEC/NAEYC Joint Position Statement Camille Lachar and Alicia Amundson
- BILINGUAL SESSION Building Connections with Families / Construyendo Conexiones con las Familias Yamira Garcia and Jessica Tripp
- Mindful Self Care & Wellness Check-in Dari Johnson
Session C 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- BILINGUAL SESSION The Importance of Belonging and Connection During Stress and a Pandemic / La importancia de la pertenencia y la conexión durante el estrés y una pandemia Dr. Curtis Peterson and Elsa Peterson
- Staff Wellness: Self-Care and Mindfulness Sheri S. Dollin, M.Ed.
- Executive Functions + Emotional Intelligence = The Mind, Body, and Soul Connection Christine Vega
- Courageous Communication Amy Morales Baum
- Preschool and It's Importance of Productive Citizens Heather Okeke and Marta Rojas
Family (Includes Family Membership) $50
Standard/Premium NAEYC Members $50
Entry-level NAEYC Members $80
Non-members $100 (consider Conference + Membership, see below)
Conference + Standard NAEYC Membership $115
By joining as a member today, you can benefit from a reduced conference rate and discounts to all future SAZAEYC events. Your membership marks the true professional you are by being a part of this premier early childhood education organization. To become a member, sign up online at www.naeyc.org/membership/join.
BRENDA LOOMIS “HELLO MY FRIEND” SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Along with your registration today, please consider making a donation to the Brenda Loomis “Hello My Friend” Scholarship Fund.
The “Hello My Friend” memorial scholarship fund was established in memory of a valued member of the early childhood education community, Brenda Loomis. Upon her death in 2012, at age of 42, the scholarship was established to provide new and renewed scholarships to help college students with limited financial resources achieve high academic goals and develop their scholarship capacity in southern Arizona. For more information about the scholarship, visit https://www.sazaeyc.org/hello-my-friend-scholarship.html
You may also buy raffle tickets to support the scholarship fund here: RAFFLE - 2020 SAZAEYC Conference. Check out our great prizes!