Fall-Tastic Food Series!
...with chefs Mendel Davis, Helene Piner, Liz Alpern & Marlene Bernstein
We're so excited to have you join us for another round of interactive cooking classes from Celebrity Chefs! Once a month, we will bring in a guest celebrity chef to cook a lovely (and Jew-ish) meal over Zoom with our teens! All ingredients will be delivered right to your home! It will happen at 6pm before regular Midrasha begins (except for November which happens at 8pm).
Here's who will be joining us each month:
- October 14th @ 6pm: Menachem Mendel Davis of "The Mendel Show" will teach us how to make egg rolls!
- November 11th @ 8pm: Helene Jawhara Piner will join us from her kitchen in France to guide us through two types of Sephardic hand pies!
- December 9th @ 6pm: Liz Alpern from "The Gefilteria" will be live from Brooklyn to help us make root vegetable latkes and homemade pear-apple sauce. Just in time for Hanukkah!
- January 27th @ 6pm: Marlene Bernstein will make fresh falafel from scratch from her sunny LA home.
Cost of Participation: $200 for all three, or $70 for just one.
Teens enrolled for 2020-21 at CCM get the series for $165 (use code, "ochel") or $60 for one session, (using the code "ochel2").
No one turned away for lack of funds. Scholarships and payment plans available. E-mail email@example.com to inquire.
- This is an added program to CCM, outside of our "normal" Midrasha programming. Teens not enrolled for CCM's 2020-21 year are welcome to sign up, as well as teens already enrolled. You can use this registration to sign up for more than one teen at a time.
- Since we've completed our October session, we've added our January session to the package of three. Sign up for the three package: November, December and January or just for one at a time - your choice!
And don't forget to order a copy of Liz Alpern's cookbook, "The Gefilte Manifesto." We'll deliver them right to your door along with your ingredients for the December 9th workshop. (Makes a great Hanukkah gift for all the foodies in your life!)
A big thanks to co-sponsors of our Fall Food Series, the Contra Costa Jewish Community Center!