- Created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. This idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
- At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Let us make a positive change in our community and the lives of others.
JOIN PNAA and PNAAF and participate in the
#Giving Tuesday campaign to raise $50,000 to
benefit the Heal Our Nurses program
from November 1 - December 1, 2020.
Let’s do this!
The Philippine Nurses Association of America launched the “Heal our Nurses” Campaign in April 2020. The project requires funding to provide immediate and ongoing support to our nurses and our community.
In this very challenging times, PNAA nurses are in the frontlines in the battle against COVID-19. Over 60% of PNAA members represent nurses working in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care units, Medical-Surgical Units in Acute and long-term care facilities, placing them at greater risk for exposure to the virus. Between May-July 2020, our data showed that more than 60 Filipino -American nurses died due to COVID-19. We are very concerned with personal safety and placing family members at risk especially those with underlying conditions and at increased risk of contracting COVID-19. In late September, these concerns are validated when the news media reported that the highest healthcare professional who are affected and have died from COVID-19 is from the Filipino community.
With the latest spikes of COVID-19 and ongoing resurgence in different States, PNAA is seeking for your support and generosity as we continue to protect our nurses and keep our community safe.
What have we done?
- 10,589 masks delivered to our members from May to July 2020
- Distribution of PPE to keep our community safe. Partnership with "Shields for COVID-19 responders" reached thousands of recipients.
- COVID-19 Education series provided nationally and across the regions addressing psychological impact, resilience, and healthcare disparities
- Position statements and publications addressing health inequities in minority community
Can we count on you to help heal our nurses together?
PNAA’s long-term goals will require generous support from you.
PNAA will be here for the long haul taking care of you and the community