Lake Country Power
2020-2021 United Way Campaign
Our community has a proud tradition of coming together to help others. As part of our efforts to strengthen our area, the Lake Country Power is offering employees the opportunity to support their community through United Way of 1000 Lakes.
United Way cares deeply for things that are worth fighting for, like preparing preschoolers for kindergarten, preparing youth for success, helping families become financially stable, and providing essential human needs like food, shelter, and safety.
Until Monday, November 30th, you will have the opportunity to play your part by giving through easy payroll deduction, one-time or recurring cash/check/credit card, or bill me options.
Thank you in advance for considering how you can participate in this year’s campaign.
*Employee Incentives for 2020:
- $80 donation gives you a chance to win a $60-gift certificate to the company store. Three winners will be drawn at the banquet (one per service center).
- $150 donation = chance to win the “grand prize” vacation day (company- wide) AND $50 at the company store. The winner will be drawn in December and announced.
Visit Updates tab under the menu for campaign updates and activities
Campaign Kick-off Meeting: November 4th - 8:30 AM October 15, 2020
Virtual Campaign Kick-off Meeting
Although we are unable to meet in person this fall, each service center is still holding a United Way campaign for employee participation. We will have our kick-off meeting on Microsoft Team, which means you can join from anywhere on your electronic device. What to expect:
1. United Way will talk about the need in our community and the different ways to give.
2. Walkthrough how to use the e-pledging site.
2. Play a fun trivia game. Hint: Questions will include United Way facts, some LCP as well as employee-specific.
3. Wrap up and announce Cohasset-Remer Goal for 2020!
If you don’t have Microsoft Teams set up on your computer, iPad or phone, please see Dave Kooda or someone in IT for assistance before November 4.