“OAKS OF MAMRE” ...SHELTER 2020 PROJECT—IMPORTANT DECEMBER UPDATE:
- Thanks to our partnership with faith leaders identifying and nominating parishioners in need, The Seeds for Jubilee Foundation, so far, has provided urgent help to nine families (single moms with kids or elderly, disabled women) with compelling stories of hardship, COVID quarantine and impending eviction or utility shut-off. By early December, we have expended all our initial $8,000 seed money budget from the Foundation endowment on direct rent or utility payments to keep these folks safe in their homes for the short term. Now we need donor help to keep the program going for the final month of 2020. The "amount raised" in the box above represents project donations so far toward the $8,000 match commitment.
- Recall that in keeping with our mission objectives and the powerful Hebrew scripture story of Abraham offering hospitality to three persons while unaware of their Divine nature, our goal for The “Oaks of Mamre Project” remains to provide emergency assistance during November and December 2020 for individuals and families at risk of losing their safe shelter.
- The Seeds for Jubilee Foundation advisory board has a commitment to double donations up to $8,000 with a dollar for dollar match. To date, generous donors are helping us progress toward that goal. If you find yourself among the more fortunate, we hope you will be open to hearing a call to seize the opportunity to unlock up to an additional $16,000 of program funding with your donations to the “Oaks of Mamre—Short Term Relief for Shelter 2020” project. The Foundation's commitment will match every donated dollar up to our stated project goal and you can be assured that substantially every program dollar will go to directly paying rent or utility costs for beneficiaries.
How it Works--Program Extended into January 2021 as long as funds remain:
- If you are a Faith leader, who has identified families in your community and certified the urgent needs these families have for rent, mortgage, power, heat or water payments to prevent eviction or loss of service, As donations progress sufficiently, please submit a request for help on behalf of the beneficiary. Specifically, you as the faith leader (not the beneficiary) should select the "Apply for Assistance" option below, enter your name and email under "Your Details" and then complete the ensuing form which also calls for uploading copies of actual invoices from landlords, lending institutions or utilities that need to be paid. The Seeds for Jubilee Foundation director will contact the nominating faith leader within three working days of nomination to confirm or decline acceptance or explain where the request may stand in the funding queue. If not uploaded as an attachment to the application form, the faith leader (in coordination with the beneficiary) must send a copy of the actual bill(s) with their payment instructions for the service(s) by email attachment to email@example.com. The Seeds for Jubilee Foundation will then pay the bank, landlord, or utility directly by check, debit card, or electronic funds transfer and send confirmation of payment back to you the faith leader to convey to the beneficiary.
- To help as many as possible, we ask the certifying faith leader to confirm that the beneficiary is contributing to their full ability and that all reasonable efforts at forbearance (i.e. rent or utility discounts or grace periods) have been exhausted, and the requested assistance is the minimum required to maintain basic shelter continuity for the month (i.e. remain in current home or apartment or obtain temporary shelter if homeless). As such, we believe our target beneficiary will be in the lower half of the median income range for the region with corresponding maximum assistance for expenses for shelter for a family of four in the $1000-$1600 range and for basic utilities in the $100-$400 range. While acknowledging the importance of the internet, cable and mobile phone services to 21st century culture, the foundation will limit direct payments to rent, mortgage, power, heat, and water services.
Multiply the Loaves and Fishes:
- If you believe this project worthwhile, please forward this campaign project page link- https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/OTk2NjY= --to your faith community and friends who may be able to contribute. The application allows you to forward the project page with one click along with your personal comments through your social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram by choosing the "Become a Fundraiser" option below. Another easy way to forward the link to followers of your social media accounts is to just click on the relevant social media icon in the banner on the left side of this page. Thanks for partnering with The Seeds for Jubilee Foundation in this vital project and for giving others a chance to share in it by spreading the word. It’s all just one more way, we can bear witness to the love of God for persons in need.
Contact The Seeds for Jubilee Foundation Director:
Rev. Tom Lane, DMin
P.O. Box 38844
Greensboro, NC 27438-8844