We are looking for Cleveland ladies to join our Heels Movement (MVMT). The Heels MVMT is a sub-division under The Diamond Co. With a focus on Hip-hop and Street Jazz-influenced movements, dancers learn how to dance on their toes, have intent behind movements, and become more full as it pertains to executing combinations.
During our casting call on Thursday, May 5th, we will select principal dancers to join The Heels MVMT. These selected principal dancers will be granted waived tuition for the months of May and June, leading up to our performance opportunities. Dancers that are not selected as principal dancers are referred to as conditioning dancers, and will be granted the opportunity to join, however, these dancers must provide tuition payment. Both principal and conditioning members must provide fees for uniform, performance, and travel for the following performance opportunities:
- Participation in our Cleveland showcase - Saturday, June 11th at the Rainey Institute
- Participation in our Chicago showcase - Saturday, June 25th in Chicago, IL
- Participation in our visual concept video(s) - TBA
In addition to performance dates, all Heels MVMT participants must be available for training sessions and intensives:
- Weekly Training Sessions - Every Thursday, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Training Intensives - May 13th & May 14th, 6:30pm - 11pm
- Additional Show Rehearsals - TBD
Here is the cost breakdown for Heels MVMT participants only :
- Tuition - $200 | Waived for selected principal members
- Uniform - $150 | Must be paid by all Heels MVMT participants
- Travel - $150 | Must be paid by all Heels MVMT participants
Principal Member fees - $300 | Conditioning Member fees - $500
Memberships fees can be paid by installments (one-half of assigned fee due May 20th, second-half due June 10th). Fundraising is an essential part of our programming. It is our deepest desire to decrease any potential financial burdens for our participants and families. Our goal is to cover all Membership Fees through group fundraising initiatives. Participation in Group Fundraising Initiatives are required by all members, and this participation will be applied to each dancers Membership Fee balance. After the conclusion of the assigned fundraisers, communication will be provided on any potentially remaining individual expenditures.
Additional information regarding continuous participation will be provided immediately after casting call.