OPEN TO YOUNG ACTORS, AGES 14-22
DATES & TIMES*
Two consecutive Monday evenings: October 17th and 24th from 6-9pm
*Registration is for both class dates.
Studio A (3rd Floor)
Manon Spadaro and Josh Zambrano
Chicago Youth Shakespeare’s Audition Bootcamp is designed for young actors who are preparing for undergraduate conservatory auditions, or are just looking to refine their audition skills!
Specific areas of focus will include:
- Choosing a monologue that is right for you and right for the audition
- Tips for putting together successful college pre-screens and video auditions
- Knowing how to walk in the room (yes, this is a thing), and slate like a pro
- Unpacking the text to make the words make sense
- Finding (and accessing) the "moment before" at a moment's notice
- Transitioning between classical and contemporary monologues
- Re-focusing any pre-audition nerves to work for you and not against you
- Techniques to take your character prep and performance to the next level
Students should come to the workshop with at least two contrasting pieces to work on: one Shakespeare monologue and one contemporary monologue.
Workshop Fee: $90*
Maximum enrollment: 15 students
Please email [email protected] if you require financial assistance or wish to discuss payment options.